Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Jul 1, 2009, 10:45 PM

Natalie, you posted a question about your diet before not too long ago and I told you then that I thought you had some issues with your body image. Now the fact that you're wondering if you might have an eating disorder makes me think so even more. If I recall correctly, you were at a healthy weight, on the lighter end of body weights. And you were told then that only eating one meal a day is not healthy for you. That was a while back. And now this. So yeah, I think you might have an eating disorder. And yes, eating disorders can be deadly. You need your family's support right now. You really don't think your mom will notice when you start passing out? That's how my friends father finally realized his daughter was annorexic. She started passing out. Or, if they're not already, your bones will start sticking out from you starving yourself. You don't think your mom will notice? The path you're on is not a healthy one.
    natalie1xxx Posts: 120, Reputation: 3

Jul 6, 2009, 03:42 PM

... hmm
    Holly23 Posts: 180, Reputation: 15

Jul 8, 2009, 12:44 PM

I don't believe there's anything wrong with you Natalie,there is nothing anyone can tell you now that you haven't already been told and your just brushing it off looking for more attention.Your just starting to annoy everyone now.So stop or go talk to your doctor.Everyone here is to nice to say this to you or maybe Im breaking a rule but it had to be said.

Jul 9, 2009, 03:27 PM

I know everyone is being nice . I do appreciate all the things people have said. Nobody else has too post any more thoughts if they don't want to . I didn't ask you to post anything that was your own choice , as it is everyone else's own choice .
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2009, 04:26 PM

Had to spread the rep holly, I agree with you. At first I really thought she ha an eating disorder. Now I'm thinking she just wants attention. She's been told repeatedly that she needs to eat, been given advice on what to eat, how much to eat, what to do to get help and she refuses to listen. She just keeps asking over and over again. I'm done posting on this one...

Jul 11, 2009, 09:35 AM

Sorrry I have come across like that , I will just delete this thread .

Jul 11, 2009, 09:37 AM

I don't know how to delete it , sorry if you think I want more attention .
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 24, 2009, 07:21 PM

You have so many posts and so many replies so I just wanted to say that it sounds like you do have an eating disorder. The best thing to do besides getting medical attention is instead of eating one meal a day is eat smaller meals and healthy snacks throughout the day. With your biggest meal of the day take a vitamin B complex. And change your mental image of yourself to a more positive one.
    Also think in terms of actual size in numbers rather than what you THINK you look like in the mirror. For example, instead of thinking I am fat see what your actual weight and size is
    For your height. Say you are in your 20's (past your teen yrs) and you are 5'3'' and weigh 130 lbs you do not want to go below 110 or below a size 7 -(27 inch waist)

Jul 28, 2009, 07:01 AM

Thank you :)

Aug 19, 2009, 05:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    you have so many posts and so many replies so I just wanted to say that it sounds like you do have an eating disorder. The best thing to do besides getting medical attention is instead of eating one meal a day is eat smaller meals and healthy snacks throughout the day. With your biggest meal of the day take a vitamin B complex. And change your mental image of your self to a more positive one.
    Also think in terms of actual size in numbers rather than what you THINK you look like in the mirror. For example, instead of thinking I am fat see what your actual weight and size is
    for your height. Say you are in your 20's (past your teen yrs) and you are 5'3'' and weigh 130 lbs you do not want to go below 110 or below a size 7 -(27 inch waist)

Oh well I am 5'3 and 97lbs but I'm 15 :) x
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 19, 2009, 05:15 PM

I think if you maintain that weight and eat healthy and stay away from any more eating disorders you should be fine.

Your height and weight is fine right now.

Take a multivitamin with your dinner and that should help your appetite a lot too.

Sep 20, 2009, 05:35 AM
    Thanks everyone :) and...
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    I think if you maintain that weight and eat healthy and stay away from any more eating disorders you should be fine.

Your height and weight is fine right now.

Take a multivitamin with your dinner and that should help your appetite a lot too.
    I weigh 93lbs now , should I try and put on weight or what ? X
    Ultra Member

Sep 20, 2009, 11:01 AM

Yes, you should. Have you finally began eating healthy?

Dec 1, 2009, 03:41 PM

To be honest no but I do have days where I eat normally.
    Ultra Member

Dec 2, 2009, 11:31 AM

Well, that sounds like an improvement. But I wonder, what do you consider eating normally? Have you sought any help yet? Or talked to your mom?

Dec 2, 2009, 11:33 AM

Emm I amn't sure what I consider eating normally, more than I normally eat I guess. And no.
    Ultra Member

Dec 2, 2009, 11:36 AM

Well. Eating more is an improvement from what you've described before. What's holding you back from talking to your mom? You obviously want help. Otherwise you wouldn't keep coming back here. I really think you should talk to your mom about this

Dec 6, 2009, 12:16 PM

I just like coming here because it's nice to talk to someone about it,but I really don't like my mum .
    Ultra Member

Dec 6, 2009, 03:41 PM

OK. Talk to your dad. Or an aunt. Or a grandparent. A teacher. I'm not trying to discourage you from talking to us here. But I'm confused why you keep coming back when you absolutely refuse to follow or take any of the advice that has been given over and over again. No on in their right mind is going to say anything different. No one is going to suddenly support you having an eating disorder and encourage you to continue the path you are on. And unfortunately none of us are there in person to help you get help. And you really haven't told us much as far as I can see. Only denial about having an eating disorder. Again, I am not trying to discourage you from talking to us here. If there's things that you need to talk about, go for it. And if that will help you, go for it. But you really need to understand that eating disorders are very real and very dangerous. If talking here helps, great, but understand that talking here is not in anyway a substitute for seeking treatment. From what you've told us, you do seem to have an eating disorder. You're not the only one. There is help out there for you but you have to be willing to go for it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Do I have an eating disorder? [ 17 Answers ]

I think I might be developing anorexia. NOT anorexia nevrosa, but anorexia. I read about eating disorders on the internet, and I found that there is a difference between the two, nevrosa is when you diet and\or exercise excessively, and I don't do that But I have had really big problems...

Do I Have An Eating Disorder? [ 3 Answers ]

Im 14, and I used to weigh 110 but now weigh 107 (Over weight?), I sometimes only eat dinner for a day, which means I skip breakfast and don't eat lunch, eatting lunch just isn't my thing, in elem or high. I haven't had my period for 3 months until 3 days ago (stress? Ive stopped today tho). And I...

Eating disorder [ 1 Answers ]

I think one of my friends have an eating disorder but I don't no how can I tell is she is and if she is what do I do ?:confused:

Eating disorder? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm not sure if I have one or not, but I keep taking self tests online and they say I'm something like "high risk" not really sure what that means but anyway. I just had a baby and before I had her I weighed 135 and while I was pregnant I went up to 168 now I'm at 145 and I feel huge! I can't help...

Eating Disorder [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am apparentley suffering from anorexia. I don't like to call it anorexia myself but I am seeing a therapist and that's what he has diagnosed me with. I am 21 the problem has developed since the birth of my 8 month old daughter. Basically just wanted some advice off anybody who is or may...

View more questions Search