Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    answemehelpdesk Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2009, 02:42 PM
    Can I reconvert a gas dryer BACK to natural from LP?
    I have a Maytag gas dryer that was converted to L.P. Gas. How do I convert it BACK to natural gas? It is Model LDG482. I printed a whole bunch of owner's manuals from the Maytag site but none are my specific model and none explain how to convert.
    iamgrowler Posts: 1,421, Reputation: 110
    Ultra Member

Jun 29, 2009, 04:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by answemehelpdesk View Post
    I have a Maytag gas dryer that was converted to L.P. Gas. How do I convert it BACK to natural gas? It is Model LDG482. I printed a whole bunch of owner's manuals from the Maytag site but none are my specific model and none explain how to convert.
    It would be a better idea to contact Sears and have them send out a Repair Tech to do the conversion.

There are far too many things that could go wrong if the conversion isn't done properly.

Realistically, we're only talking about regulators and orifices, but still, failing to seat a new orifice correctly or pressure testing a regulator installation could be very disastrous.

I've been doing this for over 20 years, and even I call in the pro's when it comes to these conversions.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 30, 2009, 05:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by answemehelpdesk View Post
    Growler gave you good advice. Always best to call in a pro if you're dealing with something that might explode if you screw it up. How ever we strive to answer questions here. If you wish to check out conversion kits click on,
    Propane to natural gas conversion kits - Google Search
    Good luck and Growler's correct, Call in a pro. Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maytag gas dryer---LPG or Natural gas [ 2 Answers ]

I bought a used gas Maytag Neptune md. # MDG4000AWW. I want to use it with natural gas, but I noticed a sticker applied by the model number tag that says it is converted to propane gas. Can I still use this with natural gas, or do I need to change the oriface? How can I tell what oriface it does...

Converting dryer to natural gas [ 3 Answers ]

I bought a dryer that was converted to propane gas. There were 2 orifices that came with the dryer to convert it back to natural gas. I was wondering which one I need to use to do this. One orifice has a hole coming from top to bottom. The other has a hole coming from the side to the bottom. Maybe...

Dryer conversion LP to natural gas [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Whirlpool dryer-model LGR7646EQ2. It was converted from natural gas to LP. I need to convert back to natural gas. I have the conversion kit, but have not yet completely taken the gas valve out. Where can I find info on how to do conversion?

View more questions Search