Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nojell1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2009, 01:23 PM
    Relinquish my rights
    I have full custody of my son and he became very abusive towards my wife and family so he went to live with his mother. While he was in her custody he got into a lot of trouble and we were told that if he came back to live with us and there was any problems that all we had to do was call the police and they would take him from us and put him back in juvy. Now that we have done that they are saying here that if I do drop him off I will be charged with child neglect so my question is what will happen to me. My wife is pregnant I have a 5 year old daughter and a 15 year old son at home to protect.
    area51Nmore Posts: 19, Reputation: -5

Jun 29, 2009, 01:51 PM

Well I think you need a lawyer
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Jun 29, 2009, 01:53 PM

If he breaks the law, you can and should have him arrested. You cannot just drop him off.

Is he physically abusive? Verbally? What is it that he is doing? How old is he?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 29, 2009, 04:27 PM

First, please pay more attention to posting rules. The children forum (where you originally posted) has a Read First sticky that directs legal questions to this forum.

Second, your subject refers to relinquishing rights, But getting a TPR is going to be very difficult.

You don't say how old the problem child is. This could have a bearing. But I would really hire an attorney to help you deal with it.
    nojell1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2009, 06:32 PM

The child in question is 14 going on 15 in December. We have tried everything. I did call the police and he was arrested but he has been put on house arrest until he sees the judge next week. My mother has him at this moment but she is scared of him herself. I have tried everything and I just don't know what to do now.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Father wants to relinquish his rights. [ 4 Answers ]

Is it possible for a father in Canada to relinquish his rights as a parent and not have to pay child support? He was tricked into the pregnancy and doesn't want to have any kind of relationship with the mother of the child, he feels it would be better for the child if he was not involved at all......

Relinquish rights [ 3 Answers ]

How do my daughter father give up his rights

Relinquish rights [ 2 Answers ]

How can I relinquish my rights as a parent and will I still have to pay child support

Relinquish rights [ 5 Answers ]

Is there a way to reliquish parental rights on a daughter that I do not see nor know. She is 3 years old and seen her once. I have my wages garnished by the state for child support because she receives the TANF assistance. I will never know my daughter. The mother now has a new husband. Can I...

Voluntarily relinquish rights [ 2 Answers ]

My ex was not ordered in our decree, however now after 11 years my ex husband has convinced my son to move in with him. Now he's convinced he deserves the support. If I voluntarily relinquish my rights am I still obligated to pay child support?

View more questions Search