Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    riganimal Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2009, 11:44 AM
    Mobile home 4 sale no title-attached to property
    My brothers and I inherited a double-wide mobile home and 21.14 acres of land. We would like to sell both but no one can get financing because of the mobile home( it is 15 years old). My question is can we sell the mobile home separately without having a title for it, and how do we unattach it from the property?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jun 29, 2009, 11:50 AM

Have you checked with the DMV for the title?
    You can not sell it without the title, especially if it is going to be ridden on the road.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 29, 2009, 04:44 PM

Why not demolish the home so you can sell the property?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jul 4, 2009, 02:41 PM

You need to go down to the County Recorder's office and see just how the land is recorded. The mobile home would be listed on the land if it was "attached" to it via a conversion of the title. The county folks will have to advise you how to "unattach" the mobile home so you can sell it.

Has anyone gone down to the DMV to see if there is a title on the home? Has anyone gone to the Tax Assessor's office or Treasurer's Office to see if the mobile home is taxed separately? If it is taxed separately then the home can be sold. They can advise you how to get the title to the home and sell it if it is taxed separately from the land.
    Uber Member

Jul 4, 2009, 02:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    Have you checked with the DMV for the title?
    You can not sell it without the title, especially if it is going to be ridden on the road.
    You don't need a title to have a mobile home transported on the highway. You do need the proper permits.
    Uber Member

Jul 4, 2009, 02:46 PM

Also, another thought would be since the home is 15 years old and a double wide, it might be better to demolsh the home as older double wides are hard to take apart, transport and reassemble and it would cost somewhere in the neighborhood of $6-10,000 to accomplish this feat as it must be done professionally. Newer double wides are easier to take apart, transport and reassemble.

It might make more sense to demolish it in the end as you won't find a buyer for a double wide that needs to be moved in a big hurry.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mobile home 4 sale-no title- asked to sign hold harmless [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking at a mobile home in Georgia. It is a foreclosure. Agent says there is no title for mobile home just land. They asked me to sign a hold harmless document. The price is half of its value, but I am concerned about the no title issue. Have any wisedom?

Deed to mobile home not given at sale [ 15 Answers ]

I am trying to sell a mobile home I bought for cash last year, I have a buyer bt can't find former owner who never gave a deed to me. I only got a sales receipt that is not notorized. How can I sell?

Where can my niece get a title for a abandened mobile home on her property [ 2 Answers ]

My niece bought some land that has an abandened trailer on it she asked the mortgage company if they had a title for it and they told her that they didn't want the trailer so they gave it to the state of Alabama . She contacted the state for a new title but they told her she would have to send in...

Mobile Home For Sale [ 1 Answers ]

I have a mobile home I want to sell and was wondering what would be the easiest way to go about selling it. It is in fairly good condition-has been well taken care of-but, since I drive a truck I don't have time to go through and paint etc. Do you have to have a place looking like new to sell it?

Mobile home for sale [ 1 Answers ]

I have a mobile home for sale that sits on aproximetly a half acre lot I own but I can't seem to sell outright because banks won't give loans because it is a mobile home should I sell it land contract

View more questions Search