Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Windyhill Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2009, 10:11 AM
    What do I feed my Virginia ctenucha? (moth)
    I caught two of these amazing moths mating on my farm in Alberta, near Lavoy. The one of them flew off, but one of them stayed. I caught it, hoping it was the female. How do you tell the difference between male and female? Also, what do you feed it?

Thanks,

Katelyn:)

P.S.

Please reply as soon as u can!
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Jun 29, 2009, 10:20 AM

I would imagine leaves and small insects... but I am not familiar with this type of cattepillar/moth... perhapes this site may help you?

Ctenucha virginica caterpillar

Good luck
    Windyhill Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2009, 11:04 AM
    Thanks! That helped a lot! Have you ever seen the real moth before? They look amazing!! :)

Katelyn
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Jun 29, 2009, 11:15 AM

No but I saw the larvae a long time ago when I was younger.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 29, 2009, 06:12 PM
    Hi, Windyhill!

Greetings and WELCOME to the site! I just moved your question that you had posted in Introductions to this forum topic area so that it will get better exposure. I do note that you already received a couple of responses while your question was in introductions.

Introductions is for people to introduce themselves and we try to not ask questions there.

It can be a little confusing when first learning how to use this site! Your question will get noticed much more in this forum topic area.

We would appreciate it if you would return to Introductions sometime to tell us a little about yourself though, if you would be willing to do that.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Perm. Residence in FL rent in Virginia or DC work in Virginia. [ 1 Answers ]

My permanent residence is in FL. Work for an airline and thinking about working in VA at dca airport. I would be renting a room either in VA or DC. FL has no state income tax but VA does. Would I file as a non resident in VA and get my money back. I'm in customer service and would commute back and...

Help with moth [ 7 Answers ]

Hi! First of all, I would like to say that I've been reading the forum since time ago just for curiosity on insects, and I've found really interesting posts about them. So I would like to thank you these 'didactic' moments :) I'm in poland right now and some days ago one friend found this moth...

Can a 2nd sub panel be feed from same feed as first? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 200A main box out on a pole in the yard. I trenched and ran 4/0 aluminum to fee the subpanel on the house. Sadly I installed a smallish box and now I am out of breaker slots (too many 240's... ) Can I tap off the feed from the main box and run it to another subpanel or do I have to install...

Lyrics from 70's Virginia, Virginia don't go. Who is the group [ 1 Answers ]

Stuck on just one line " Virginia, Virginia dont go " who is the group?

View more questions Search