Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    summertyme Posts: 46, Reputation: 2

Jun 29, 2009, 03:31 AM
    Jogging and the effects
    I put on weight from size 10 to nearly 12 because of junk food.

I changed my diet and cut out all saturated fats, biscuits, cakes etc and started jogging.

I eat breakfast and lunch well before 12pm or 1pm and then jog for an hour or more at 6PM or 4:30PM. I cover apporximately 5 miles 2-3 times per week and I get nackered.

I lost a lot of weight within the first two weeks but was eating mostly green leafy vegetables and I looked under nourished.

Then I started to put weight back on around the thighs and hips?

Can anyone suggest a balance to guarantee loss that will keep off?
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Jun 29, 2009, 03:34 AM

Lets face fact you were not on a healthy diet. You can't limit yourself to green leafs. A nutritionist can help you with a diet. As for your thighs and bottom getting bigger, can be muscle from your work out!
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Jul 1, 2009, 08:41 PM

It's simple: Eat breakfast. Don't skip meals. Make dinners light.

Cardio is key. Jog. Do jumping jacks [I love jumping jacks, cheapest cardio around and effective]. Go to Wal-Mart and pick out an exercise DVD that would best suit you, I find it better to get the ones that you don't need to buy the equipment. I like "flirty girl fitness" or "core rhythms".

Keep track of what your eating. Fill your cabinets and fridge with more veggies and fruits. Replace your candy with strawberries, or whatever fruit you like best. Add more veggies to your meal- why not a steamed bowl of veggies before your dinner.

Be creative with your meals. Rice cakes are overrated when it comes to dieting- in fact don't even think this of a diet- think of it as the road to a new and better you.

Congratulations on making the decision to become a healthier you.

Here are some extra tips that I myself found helpful: 7 Simple Steps To Lose Extra Weight And Tone Up For Your Summer

Sarah

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cramps when jogging [ 3 Answers ]

When I jog, my feet tend to cramp. Even though I have good jogging shoes, I think the pain is more based on my form. Does anyone have suggestions for someone who tends to balance their weight on the outer edges of the feet? And before I get impossilby simple answers, like "Try to concentrate...

Jogging or walking [ 2 Answers ]

OK I had a ? I heard that fast walking makes you loose more weight then jogging is this true

Jogging songs [ 10 Answers ]

Hey, I need some upbeat, fast jogging work-out songs, such as List of Demands by saul Williams from that Nike commercial. Anyone know any?

Walking and jogging [ 5 Answers ]

I intend to start walking and jogging after work. Is it best to go after dinner or before. And to lose weight and get fit how often should I do this and how long for, 30 minutes or more? I want to lose stomach weight more than anything, but also want to get fit. Thanks

Jogging for weight loss? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello! I am a new one here. I would die to lose 40 pounds in 40 days and can do anything for that. I want to know exactly what things can make me do it. I also desire to have broad shoulders and deltoids but don't want to build huge muscles at the same time. I am 5 feet 6. ...

View more questions Search