Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 30, 2009, 01:24 AM

Thank you, ryans2fast4u!

I just want to share one, last thing with you for tonight before we retire for the night...

It will be up momentarily. I just wanted to let you know that I'm back on here.

We do have that other project in music, that we will look forward to doing at a later time... :)

Thanks!
    ryans2fast4u Posts: 48, Reputation: 8

Jun 30, 2009, 01:33 AM

Sounds good Clough. I'm on the eastern time zone so I'm certainly looking forward to my 8 am conference call tomorrow morning... haha. However, staying up a little later than normal for some self discovery has certainly given me some more hope and drive for self improvement, and it's a decision/choice I know I won't regret.

Thank you for your time, and I certainly look forward to your continued feedback and point of view in the near future.
    Uber Member

Jun 30, 2009, 01:39 AM
    The year was 1982...

My wife left me... She was pregnant with our son.

I resigned from the church that I had been "married" to for seven years. In seven years, I think that I missed a total of three services. I had been both the organist an choir director there.

My dad died...

It was a day where I woke up really feeling sorry for myself because of the problems with which I was having to deal.

I woke up and called my mother while I was still in bed...

I complained and complained to her. I was feeling very sorry for myself...

She said something to me then, that I'll never forget...

"Everyone has problems. How you deal with them shows to others the kind of man that you are."

I will never forget the way that she said it to me. It was like a bolt of lightening hit me! Basically, I interpreted what she was saying to be, "'Get up! Get off your duff! Stop feeling sorry for yourself! You can't change the past, but you can try your very best for the future! You've got problems to face and choices to make. If you are truly a man, then you'll face the problems head on and make the best decisions that you can based upon your having faith in God that you're doing that right things and that others also feel the same way!"

However, others don't always share the same beliefs. It's part of the risks that we take with the decisions that we make. But, to be looked upon as a man who knows how to take care of himself and those who are dear to him, to be in control in a loving way, a leader of the family as well as a partner in making decisions for the family, it's just something that we have to do.

People won't always remember what you've said. But, you can be darn sure that they'll remember the way that you made them feel.

God's Love and Peace to You, ryans2fast4u!

Thanks!
    Uber Member

Jun 30, 2009, 01:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ryans2fast4u View Post
    Sounds good Clough. I'm on the eastern time zone so I'm certainly looking forward to my 8 am conference call tomorrow morning... haha. However, staying up a little later than normal for some self discovery has certainly given me some more hope and drive for self improvement, and its a decision/choice I know I won't regret.

Thank you for your time, and I certainly look forward to your continued feedback and point of view in the near future.
    I'll be here! You're pointing out "self-discovery" is very admirable and noble!

I discovered a lot about myself through a number of years of counseling sessions, both as a group and as an individual, one-to-one basis with counselorss.

But, that's another story. It might also be helpful to share it with you, though.

Thanks!
    Uber Member

Jul 3, 2009, 12:58 PM

How are you doing now, ryans2fast4u?

Thanks!
    mum2five Posts: 171, Reputation: 32

Jul 3, 2009, 03:58 PM
    "Everyone has problems. How you deal with them shows to others the kind of man that you are."
    Your mum was a very wise lady x

Jul 4, 2009, 11:17 AM
    Clough- Good to hear from you...

I reverted back to my comfort zone- made myself so busy that I couldn't think about it... I really need to cut that out... but that's easier said than done.
    Uber Member

Jul 5, 2009, 12:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ryans2fast4u View Post
    Clough- Good to hear from you...

I reverted back to my comfort zone- made myself so busy that I couldnt think about it... I really need to cut that out... but thats easier said than done.
    Then, hopefully we can come up with some ways that you can deal with that kind of thing in a proactive rather than reactive way so that you'll be able to carry on so that you can move forward rather than backwards.

Thanks!

Jul 5, 2009, 09:47 AM
    That is certainly probably a good idea... so I guess I can stop making myself busy and try to buckle down.
    Uber Member

Jul 7, 2009, 02:13 AM

Yes, buckling down is a good idea! I'm sorry for the slow response from me here! I've had to be in the hospital, yet again...

It's getting really old...

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I feel so desperate? On a verge of breakdown. [ 4 Answers ]

If you would see me you would ask yourself twice why am I even in this position. Recently I lost a lot of weight and now I actually look very good.Not to toot my own horn but that's what other comment to me all the time. I basically became from the ugliest fat girl just a year and a half ago to the...

In two different places. [ 21 Answers ]

Im going to try to keep this simple without too much babble... I recently met this girl who is pretty much what Im looking for in someone. It was a huge surprise to us both that we connected so fast and so strongly. It kind of blew both of us away. We talked honestly about what it meant for...

Wife and husband on the verge of divorce [ 13 Answers ]

My wife and I are not on the right page right now. Her brother just died recently,and its been hard on the whole family. She told me once that I was cheating on her,which by the way is true,but I have to get It the way it used to be.we don't talk or anything.I'm thinking about just calling it...

I'm on the verge of leaving my wife [ 9 Answers ]

I've posted before on some issues that we were having, and for the most part we have them resolved. Just some history, she did not have a very good childhood family wise and was assaulted at 13. She got married and pregnant just after high school (very young), and her husband at that time cheated...

Tell me what I should do I always get myself in this places [ 3 Answers ]

Yea yea I know another fight.. . This chick was calling my friend names. . Like relli mean1s. . So I started calling her names.. . But now she wants to punch me.. . should I apolgize, fight her or let it go?? Tell me what I should do

View more questions Search