Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ryans2fast4u Posts: 48, Reputation: 8

Jun 29, 2009, 09:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    There you are! I was wonderning where you disappeared to!

Are there images of what your keyboard looks like on the following search?

Casio - Google Image Search

Thanks!
    Google Image Result for http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/profile_mojo_data/4/0/2/8/402854/pics/_c237262_image_0.JPG

Jun 29, 2009, 09:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    I got home from work around ten and came dashing over to the computer, but it looks like Clough has things well in hand. I'll be around and about if you need me for anything. Don't forget about me.
    I would like to thank you for what you have offered, and would like to ask what your take is? What paths are worth exploring- is it worth looking into new counselors? Any suggestions on what directions to try to make some progress? Any things you see as significant besides the self esteem?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 29, 2009, 09:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ryans2fast4u View Post
    I would like to thank you for what you have offered, and would like to ask what your take is? What paths are worth exploring- is it worth looking into new counselors? Any suggestions on what directions to try to make some progress? Any things you see as significant besides the self esteem?
    Hmmmm. Self-esteem. Jesus said you can't find yourself until you give yourself away (Mark 8:35). Pardoxical concept! So how are you giving yourself away? (And no, I'm not a Bible thumper.)

What part of the world are you in? If I were you, I would definitely give counseling another try, but you have to be careful and canny in finding the one who is right for you.

Jun 29, 2009, 10:12 PM
    Hmmmm. Self-esteem. Jesus said you can't find yourself until you give yourself away (Mark 8:35). Pardoxical concept! So how are you giving yourself away? (And no, I'm not a Bible thumper.)

What part of the world are you in? If I were you, I would definitely give counseling another try, but you have to be careful and canny in finding the one who is right for you.
    I want to believe What you say, but its hard to give of yourself when you don't feel there is value in humanity or nature, but I guess it is likely as you suggest, the value is not evident until you give yourself away.

as far as what part of the world I'm in, I am in the States- East coast and Mid west (in the process of moving).

How do you recommend finding a counselor, and how do you recommend determining who is right for you? I have spent a lot of time and a lot of money with little positive outcomes in the past, and so it is tough for me to believe there is much opportunity left, but maybe a hidden speck of resilience will allow me to jump back in.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 29, 2009, 10:16 PM
    I got home from work around ten and came dashing over to the computer, but it looks like Clough has things well in hand. I'll be around and about if you need me for anything. Don't forget about me.
    Hi, Wondergirl!

I hope that you don't think that I was trying to hijack this thread. You know that I have something different and additional to offer that usually takes place on a new thread.

You're doing a great job, here! :)

Thanks!
    Uber Member

Jun 29, 2009, 10:19 PM
    Hi again, ryans2fast4u!

That keyboard for which you supplied a link to the image should be more than sufficient for us to accomplished what we'll do on this site!

We'll probably be able to orchestrate a piece on a larger scale then just the piano by making use of the various combinations of sounds that it has.

Is that image of your own, actual keyboard?

Thanks!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 29, 2009, 10:21 PM
    I want to believe What you say, but its hard to give of yourself when you don't feel there is value in humanity or nature, but I guess it is likely as you suggest, the value is not evident until you give yourself away.

as far as what part of the world I'm in, I am in the States- East coast and Mid west (in the process of moving).

How do you recommend finding a counselor, and how do you recommend determining who is right for you? I have spent a lot of time and a lot of money with little positive outcomes in the past, and so it is tough for me to believe there is much opportunity left, but maybe a hidden speck of resilience will allow me to jump back in.
    How on earth did you ever become so cynical?? Even puppies and kittens have no value? But, then, that goes to the core of how one goes about looking for and finding value in something.

(Moving. Been there, done that. I'm from NC and NY State and now live near Chicago.) I suggest you move and settle in before finding a counselor.

What characteristics would you want a counselor to have?
    Uber Member

Jun 29, 2009, 10:22 PM
    ryans2fast4u;1826853]I want to believe What you say, but its hard to give of yourself when you don't feel there is value in humanity or nature...
    Why specifically, did you state the above, please?

Thanks!

Jun 29, 2009, 10:46 PM
    Why specifically, did you state the above, please?

Thanks!
    Sorry I don't mean to sound too cynical... and I do appologize for my comment.

I just mean the world is full of dissappointment- like you help a friend and they stab you in the back. You build a house for habitat for humanity, and then you find out the family that moved in scammed the system. You donate to a good cause and find out it was fake and someone took it all.

I should clarify that in life I believe there is goodness and value to life and people, although often it is difficult to see it when your view is clouded with all the negativity, hatred, and anger. But yes I will strive to give of myself even if it is difficult to see the value or goodness in the world at times.

Jun 29, 2009, 10:48 PM
    Hi again, ryans2fast4u!

That keyboard for which you supplied a link to the image should be more than sufficient for us to accomplished what we'll do on this site!

We'll probably be able to orchestrate a piece on a larger scale then just the piano by making use of the various combinations of sounds that it has.

Is that image of your own, actual keyboard?

Thanks!
    No, it was from the Google search you sent. Storage facility doesn't open till 9 am tomorrow, so I can't grab mine until it does!

Thanks.
    Uber Member

Jun 29, 2009, 10:52 PM
    Sorry I don't mean to sound too cynical... and I do appologize for my comment.

I just mean the world is full of dissappointment- like you help a friend and they stab you in the back. You build a house for habitat for humanity, and then you find out the family that moved in scammed the system. You donate to a good cause and find out it was fake and someone took it all.

I should clarify that in life I belive there is goodness and value to life and people, although often it is difficult to see it when your view is clouded with all the negativity, hatred, and anger. But yes I will strive to give of myself even if it is difficult to see the value or goodness in the world at times.
    To me, a big part of life is about making choices, dealing with the cards that I've been dealt and cost and benefit. I don't mean cost and benefit in the sense of money but about the choices that we make in the way that we think and for what we do.

There's some really bad stuff happening in my own life right now. I have friends that are helping me to cope with those things. It's really hard for me to make the good, positive and proactive things that I know that I need to do and prepare for with positive thinking, which is also hard for me to do. But, I will do it because I know that I have to.

Do you have a good support system of family and friends on whom you can rely for help with the way that you think and subsequently do?

Thanks!

Jun 29, 2009, 10:59 PM
    How on earth did you ever become so cynical???? Even puppies and kittens have no value? But, then, that goes to the core of how one goes about looking for and finding value in something.

(Moving. Been there, done that. I'm from NC and NY State and now live near Chicago.) I suggest you move and settle in before finding a counselor.

What characteristics would you want a counselor to have?
    I echo the appology/comment on the same cynical statement I left with Clough.

Currently moving from upstate NY myself.

as far as characteristics, I'm not quite sure what I should be going after. I'd imagine that I would want someone who could prod me a little bit and help me open up, who wouldn't seem to pass judgement, who wouldn't fall for my unintentional mind games, can help me sort through flip-flopping, and who wouldn't come in with preconceived notions. Someone who could understand that I live behind a façade and that my behavior is typically based on how I feel I should behave and not how I want to behave. I would like someone who honestly wants to see me gain value from the interactions, and someone who could empathetically see things from my perspective even if they don't agree. Lastly, the one thing I can't stand is someone who simply echos back exactly what I say. I know that works for a lot of people (I've had those interactions with friends for example), but even though I know no one can tell me exactly what's up, I need someone who can help me figure me out, who isn't afraid to push, anger, and stress me out, and is willing push me out of my comfort zones.
    Uber Member

Jun 29, 2009, 11:04 PM

What do you think about what I wrote in post #31 above, ryans2fast4u?

Thanks!

Jun 29, 2009, 11:12 PM
    There's some really bad stuff happening in my own life right now. I have friends that are helping me to cope with those things. It's really hard for me to make the good, positive and proactive things that I know that I need to do and prepare for with positive thinking, which is also hard for me to do. But, I will do it because I know that I have to.

Do you have a good support system of family and friends on whom you can rely for help with the way that you think and subsequently do?

Thanks!
    I'm sorry to hear about the bad things happening, but I am glad to hear you are working through them with supportive friends, and positive thinking. I certainly hope for the best in whatever those bad things are.

As far as a "good support" system of family and friends, I would say no. Family relationship is very superficial ( https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/other-...me-365489.html ). Never had much communication within the family, although on paper it looks near perfect. As far as friends are concerned, I've never been too good with friendships. People tend to really like me as an acquaintance but not much more. I typically cycle through friendships in 6 mo to a year through my entire life (through school and into adulthood), and over the past few years I have been actively trying to maintain friendships better but with limited success- Overall, this means I never get to the real "supportive" stage. In high school I lost some friendships when I went through a hard time. Felt like as soon as I needed someone they would scatter, and have always been skeptical about the possibility of having a close friend- probably a self fulfilling prophecy. The closest thing I've had to a support system is I always have had a girlfriend since about 5th grade (not the same one)- don't think I've been single more than a week in my life (I know that's NOT something to be proud of) but typically I go for girls who are poor communicators like me, so I don't really ever end up sharing much, although it helps give me some security.
    Uber Member

Jun 29, 2009, 11:17 PM

Water seeks its own level, it's a basic law in physics. It's the same way with people.

I haven't read everything over yet on this thread but have done some scanning. So, please forgive me if I ask about something that's already been clarified. There's a lot to take in here.

You are living on your own. Is that correct?

Thanks!
    Uber Member

Jun 29, 2009, 11:26 PM

Are you still there, ryans2fast4u?

Thanks!

Jun 29, 2009, 11:27 PM
    Water seeks its own level, it's a basic law in physics. It's the same way with people.

I haven't read everything over yet on this thread but have done some scanning. So, please forgive me if I ask about something that's already been clarified. There's a lot to take in here.

You are living on your own. Is that correct?

Thanks!
    Sorry- If I stay on the page it doesn't send me an email to tell me I have a response- I just now figured that out.

I am not living on my own, I have a wife who I am living with.
    Uber Member

Jun 29, 2009, 11:30 PM

Okay, that tells me a lot there. I didn't know that you were married.

How long have you been married, please?

I haven't gotten the email notifications in many hours now either.

Thanks!

Jun 29, 2009, 11:32 PM
    I've been married for 2 years now, although I am not sure how much longer it will last. Not sure how much details you want, but we actually get along great- we both just kind of feel like roomates instead of a married couple and thought we should consider ending things before we have children. I know that's a whole other issue, but I think the root causes are related.
    Uber Member

Jun 29, 2009, 11:35 PM
    Hey, I made it 2&1/2 years! I'd like to see you beat me with yours lasting at least 50 years! :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I feel so desperate? On a verge of breakdown. [ 4 Answers ]

If you would see me you would ask yourself twice why am I even in this position. Recently I lost a lot of weight and now I actually look very good.Not to toot my own horn but that's what other comment to me all the time. I basically became from the ugliest fat girl just a year and a half ago to the...

In two different places. [ 21 Answers ]

Im going to try to keep this simple without too much babble... I recently met this girl who is pretty much what Im looking for in someone. It was a huge surprise to us both that we connected so fast and so strongly. It kind of blew both of us away. We talked honestly about what it meant for...

Wife and husband on the verge of divorce [ 13 Answers ]

My wife and I are not on the right page right now. Her brother just died recently,and its been hard on the whole family. She told me once that I was cheating on her,which by the way is true,but I have to get It the way it used to be.we don't talk or anything.I'm thinking about just calling it...

I'm on the verge of leaving my wife [ 9 Answers ]

I've posted before on some issues that we were having, and for the most part we have them resolved. Just some history, she did not have a very good childhood family wise and was assaulted at 13. She got married and pregnant just after high school (very young), and her husband at that time cheated...

Tell me what I should do I always get myself in this places [ 3 Answers ]

Yea yea I know another fight.. . This chick was calling my friend names. . Like relli mean1s. . So I started calling her names.. . But now she wants to punch me.. . should I apolgize, fight her or let it go?? Tell me what I should do

View more questions Search