Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lcochran Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2006, 09:44 PM
    Bringing a lawsuit
    I have a question as to weather I could actually have a lawsuit against an person where I work, I am not sure under what kind of category it falls under as it is kind of weird. Also the people I work for kind of are afraid I will sue them which leads me to want to know. So.. about a year ago I was doing a procedure with a doctor where I work and I told him I was uncomfortable holding a patient a certain way because I thought I could break her neck, he told me I could not break her neck that way and said this is how you break a person's neck and snapped my neck three times and said you turn and tilt snap sanp snap... And then he did it again The next day my neck hurt and it has hurt since that day. I have had physical therepy on and off since then, my neck still hurts and it always hurts in the same area. Also there was another employee there who saw the whole incident. Is this something I should pursue?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 14, 2006, 06:01 AM
    You need to consult an attorney knowledgeable about workmans compensation. There is also something left out. For example, where do you work and what is your position.

The answer to those questions might affect your case. For example, if you are an intern in a teaching hospital, the doctor was just doing his job.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Oct 14, 2006, 09:16 PM
    I'd certainly pursue it. The doctor you were working with acted recklessly in causing you injury. As a physician he violated the trust placed in him to preserve the health and well-being of everyone he comes into contact with. Explaining something to you on a professional level is one thing but he overstepped the bounds. I'm assuming that in your work relationship with this doctor you are a subordinate. That makes him all the more responsible to protect your welfare and interests. I think he should be held accountable.
    steveinpa Posts: 9, Reputation: 3

Oct 14, 2006, 11:15 PM
    You need to talk to a lawyer ASAP to review your workers compensation entitlement (in most states you get all medical bills paid and most of your lost wages for any time missed from work). You might be entitled to a large lump-sum, if the injury is permanent and caused a full or partial disability. You might also be entitled to bring a third party claim against the individual, depending on your state laws. You should contact a personal injury attorney asap. Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have a question regarding skin. Question is on skin... [ 1 Answers ]

whenever I get hit or scratched, or bitten to hard, that area of my skin where is occurred gets red and then I get a white raised bump ( of skin) in the senter or along the redness. It goes away in minutes but still highly unattractive. What can I do to prevent this?? Sum 1 email me help....

View more questions Search