Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alv6684 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2009, 10:36 AM
    Printer prints full pages of black ink, regardless of settings
    I have an Epson Stylus CX7450 printer that I bought last fall. It has had the same problem since I've bought it, but at this point I either need to finally fix it or get a new one. After setting it up and installing everything, I tried to print the "test your ink settings" page. It printed in entirely black. I tried to print a different word document, and again the entire page was just black. I messed around with the settings for a while but I couldn't get anything different. I tried buying new ink cartridges, using the Epson help site (not helpful), calling customer service (not helpful either), and then I just kind of gave up. However, now I need a functional printer badly, so if there isn't a cheap way to fix this one I need to buy a different inexpensive one... hopefully one that works this time. Thanks!
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Jul 2, 2009, 05:13 PM

I need some help here, please.

When you say "Entirely in black" do you mean that the entire printable surface of the page is covered in black ink or do you mean the imaged page is correct as to characters and images?

Are the printed pages being formatted correctly ( as in characters you expect in Bold are in fact bolded)

Is the driver set for "Black ink only" or possibly print in "Grayscale"?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Printer prints does not print [ 2 Answers ]

My printer does not print anything out. It prints blank sheets. I updated the drivers and changed the cartridge but it just pulls the paper through slowly as if it is printing something out but the sheets are all blank. It also sometimes pulls the whole stack of paper through or pulls the paper in...

Lexmark printer won't print, but prints test [ 1 Answers ]

Have a lexmark printer (7300 series) and when I set up and installed printer driver now it won't even print. I reinstalled cd, but to no avail

Printer prints garble [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 4215v All in one printer. When I set it up on a different computer, it worked fine. When I set it up on my laptop, it seems to print out some type of encrpyted code versus printing out what I want it to print. Even when I press Print Preview, it does the same. It seems to work fine in...

I need a printer for making quality art prints, posters [ 2 Answers ]

What kind of printer should I get if I want to make prints that are colorfast- things like mini posters, postcards, stickers, etc. I can spend 3 or 4 hundred dollars. I read about some thermal dye thing and some other options... I don't know what to get. Thanks

View more questions Search