Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Jun 27, 2009, 09:18 AM
    Has anyone included pets in their wedding?
    This is a long way off but my partner and I have always said we would get married when we have settled into our first home and have some savings behind us.

I have always wanted to include my two dogs in our wedding. I know it does sound odd but our dogs are like our children and it would be nice to have them there.

Has anyone done this?
    Any problems? (other than unwanted poop)

Our wedding would be an outdoor event as my partner does not like churches so that would not be an issue.

Just curious, I have looked it up but I was wondering if anyone could answer from experience (or just general opinions would be good) :)
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2009, 09:23 AM

Hey shaz,it would be cool to have the dogs come up with the rings..
    Maybe in a neck pouch?
    Depends how well behaved there are!
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Jun 27, 2009, 09:26 AM

Hey Shazzy! Just found your question!

I guess that it wouldn't be nice if you dogs were to run around during the ceremony, especially if there are many people and they are not used to crowds. Your dogs are trained I think. If they could just sit and stay there, that would be great. Even better, if they would bark when the people clap, that would be as if they were cheering too! :p
    Uber Member

Jun 27, 2009, 09:51 AM

I love the idea with the ring pouches, that is going in my notebook!
    They love their coats in winter so having something like that with the rings in it would be no problem.

They would be on leashes during the ceremony, but I didn't think about the clapping, as I said above my boy (the white one) has been trained to jump when I clap so that would be cute :D
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jun 27, 2009, 10:30 AM

Sure. Pretty much anything you want to do in a wedding nowadays is fair game. You would just have to find pet friendly places that allow pets for the wedding and reception .
    Uber Member

Jun 27, 2009, 10:32 AM

Do you think you would be able to get permission to have pets at a certain place.
    For example our friends got married last year in a really beautiful park, there was no pets allowed though.

Would you just talk to the local council about it?

I've always wanted a beach wedding but I would be paranoid about bad weather (wind mostly!)
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jun 27, 2009, 10:34 AM

I am sure that if you are paying for permits that you could ask and they may make exceptions. But Churches and restaurants I doubt it.
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2009, 10:37 AM

Shaz its your wedding :D do what YOU want :) don't worrie about what others want or will want. You know?

I really like the idea about him carring the rings. They specifically sell ring pillows that the dog wears like a collar.
    Uber Member

Jun 27, 2009, 10:48 AM

Really Jennie? I have never seen them, I shall look it up!

N0Help4u, it would only be at the actually ceremony then I would get someone to take them back home. Hopefully it will be just a little extra on top of the fee for using venue.

Thanks for the ideas guys, getting me thinking...
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2009, 10:53 AM

Classic Wedding Supplies From TheKnot

There you go hon. That's the cheapest I could find. You might find cheaper
    Buxenstein Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Jun 27, 2009, 11:00 AM
    Hello Shaz,

I can only say ONE thing, "Yeessss...."

Do not miss it to include your most loyal and loving family members into the wedding.
    They ARE a vital part of your closest family and should be there, either actively (as mentioned by many members) or passively, but BRING THEM WITH YOU.

I was to many weddings, and people who invited me always automatically invited my little daughter (a female Shih Tzu) because they knew I wouldn't show up otherwise. :)

The picture taking was always so much more fun and the special requests to include my little "Bugsy" never stopped.

I dressed her always up nicely, even with a Bandanna, and guess what, Bugsy loved it too.
    It's always a win/win situation.

Best wishes to You Shaz, and make the right decision.

Sincerely,
    Jake :)

P.s.: I attached a photograph of Bugsy at a wedding...
    Attached Images

Uber Member

Jun 27, 2009, 11:37 AM

Thank you for sharing Buxenstein!
    I'm glad you share my views on pets :)

That's so sweet of your friends to invite your "daughter" along, they really are part of the family!
    Uber Member

Jun 27, 2009, 11:38 AM
    I love that little Bow tie Jennie, so sweet :)
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2009, 11:46 AM

I know the bow is so cute!
    Uber Member

Jun 27, 2009, 11:51 AM

Too far? Hehe

lostinneverland Posts: 5, Reputation: 3

Jun 27, 2009, 11:51 AM
    I remember when my best friend got married. She had two Marama sheep dogs, which are like Great Pyreneese, and they were trained to pull a small cart that two people could easily ride in. Some people ride away in a horse draw carriage, but she rode away in her puppy carriage.

It looks a lot like the cart in the attachment but it was a larger cart and built for two dogs to pull.
    Attached Images

Uber Member

Jun 27, 2009, 11:54 AM

Wow, these dogs have to be strong lostinneverland! :)
    Uber Member

Jun 27, 2009, 12:50 PM

Wow, cool picture. Yep, Mareemas are very strong, I have only seen St Bernards pulling carts though, different :)
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Jul 1, 2009, 06:05 PM

Shaz
    I reckon it's a great idea. I went to a friends Wedding a couple of years ago and they had their 2 Golden Retrievers dressed as Bride and Groom ( similar to attached pic ) and I can tell you it was the talking point of the whole wedding.

We all still talk about it now :)

Name:  wedding.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  37.4 KB
    Uber Member

Jul 2, 2009, 07:45 AM

Wow! Those two are... :eek: LOL!! :p

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wedding Plans for court house wedding [ 3 Answers ]

Hi!my name is toya i'm about to get married next month. I only have low income. Of course we are having a court house wedding, but what else can help us out like where to get dress, where to get suite, where to get rings.as well what can we do after wards i plan to have something att my house.so i...

My fiancŽ called off the wedding just the day before the Wedding [ 6 Answers ]

Hi! I dated my Ex-( not used to say that yet) Fiancé for about 3 years. He always had issue with making decisions( any) and commitment( something in his childhood) but he knew clearly that I wanted marriage. When I brought up the topic, he freaked out and we had a lot of arguments over it as I...

Court House Wedding or Back Yard Wedding? [ 18 Answers ]

We are on a limited budget as far as our wedding goes. We want to spend more money on the rings and honeymoon than the wedding. So, we want something intimate and special but small. So these were the two options that we were thinking: 1. A small ceremony in his parent's backyard. There...

Bi-cultural wedding/wedding tips in general [ 2 Answers ]

The couple: taiwanese, vietnamese, born and raised in America (both still very cultured, first generation) Or any other type of bi-cultural wedding. Family that can't fly here? Friends? Alcohol? Bride's family pays? Groom's family attending? Hotel?

I was not included in my uncle's wedding, but all my other family was. Why? [ 2 Answers ]

My uncle got married in early May. My mom was the matron of honor, brother was ringbearer, and father was a groomsman. (It was my mom's brother getting married.) My brother (the rb) was 7. My 2 younger girl cousins were flower girls and they are 5 and 8. Their parents were both in the wedding (dad...

View more questions Search