Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Deb889 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2009, 08:19 AM
    Ex-con father abusive
    My Dad is 74 years old, in and out of prison most of his life and I opened my home to him about 4 years ago. I built an apartment in the back of my property for him because living with him was very draining because he is verbally abusive. My sister and brother don't care about him except for his personal belongings after he dies. He has destroyed some of my property and thinks that my place is his place. I am single and just started dating. He is very angry about this (jeolousy) and has abused and badgered me until I'm blue in the face. I took the keys to my van away from him so now he has no way to get around. I did that because of his health.

My question is: I understand that I can't just kick him out... that I now have to go to court and file an eviction. Once he finds this out (when they serve the eviction) he will become my worst nightmare. I am afraid and he has nothing to live for. Are there any support groups who are familiar with this sort of thing?
    abbytoo Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2009, 12:38 AM

Gosh Deb, I'm so sorry to hear of your situation. I've just joined this site a week or so ago and am just seeing you post. I hope you are still around to know someone does care even though I've never been in your situation.

I have had experience with taking care of my Dad for many years and not always seeing eye to eye but that's nothing compared to your situation. I can't imagine how tough it is to have to kick a parent out even though it sounds like a "must do" in your situation. It's been 3 months since your post so I'm guessing you've done something by now, I'd be interested in knowing how everything worked out for you. If you're still around, please let us know.

Wishing you well ..........
    Deb889 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2009, 07:03 AM
    Yes, everything fine now. To make a long story short, I told him that I was selling my house and that he needed to move. I helped him move into a retirement community strictly for the elderly and thank goodness he loved it.

I am now free to do what I want to do on my own property and running my home business with total success.

Thank you for your response.
    abbytoo Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2009, 12:08 AM

I'm so happy to hear that, best of luck and thank you for letting us know all ended well. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Abusive father [ 3 Answers ]

I have had one of the most terrible childhoods you can ever imagine. My father used to abuse us verbally with such language that it's hard to imagine. But he abuses my mom the most.The worst part is I have been able to support myself since college and have gotten away from him but my mom still...

Abusive father in law [ 11 Answers ]

This is a pretty twisted situation so bear with me; My wife has had a bad relationship with her father since the day she was born, he has beaten her and emotionally/verbally abused her to the point where she was kicked out of the house at age 19 for going to social services (who did nothing). ...

Abusive father [ 2 Answers ]

I am 21 yr old and m currently doing my mba, I come from a very conservative indian family, ever since my childhood my father has been abusing me and my elder sister, he even used to beat us... though it has reduced a lot now a days but abusing is still very much... he always feels that v don't...

Abusive father. [ 3 Answers ]

Abusive dad? My mom died 4 months ago and I am very upset,and so is my dad but I'm finding it impossible to live with him he is extremely short tempered like I walked the wrong way to the car today and he was saying we may as well pack it in if your as silly to do things like that and he shouts at...

Abusive father. Please help ! [ 9 Answers ]

My bro recently cane his son for being mischievous, I was told that he pull down his pants in front of his peers. The damage done is serious, very serious. He is just a 7 old, his bottom are all burises. He regretted and are still very remoseful. This is the 2nd time he did it. His wife...

View more questions Search