Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lisasueriley Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2009, 09:24 PM
    Nightmares of being murdered
    I really hope someone can shed a light on this for me, for the past three nights I have been having really bad dreams about being murdered. I don't know who is doing it, but I can see my friends and family are watching and cannot help me. The first night I had to walk through a maze of blades to keep family members safe, the second night I was in this place where I was being rained on by something that was eating me alive, and I could see my friendly around me only more like behind glass and helpless to save me. Last night I some how wound up in a fire, and I could feel myself burning alive and see my skin burning off... Although I have had a bit of stress, I haven't been watching anything that would cause these dreams, I get up early, go to school, come home clean up the home, work out or study watch a little TV and go to bed,, repeat... the only thing that has changed is that my husband has gone for two weeks to see his family, I don't think that is it because he is also in the navy and it is common for him to go away... I really home there is someone who can shine a light on this, maybe someone who dissects dreams??
    Thanks for any support you can give me!
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Jun 26, 2009, 10:02 PM

Here's something I got from the "Dream Dictionary"

To dream that you have been killed, suggests that your actions are disconnected from your emotions and conscience. Alternatively, the dream refers to drastic changes that are happening in your life. There is a characteristic that you want to get rid of or a habit that you want to end within yourself. Killing represents the killing off old parts of yourself and old habits.

To dream that you are murdered, suggests that some important and significant relationship has been severed and you are trying to disconnect yourself from your emotions. It also represents your unused talents.

Hope I helped.

Sarah

Jun 26, 2009, 10:14 PM

Cheers for that, makes a lot of sense your answer, thanks for checking it out for me, I really appreciate it, hope it helps me not have those dreams tonight now!! Thanks again!
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jun 27, 2009, 09:25 AM

To add to what Mudweiser said...
    Dreams of dying rarely mean death.

They can mean you feel others are out to get you, subconsciously or not subconsciously.

You feel overwhelmed and no way out.

You feel hopeless and feel others are unable to help you.

How you perceive others around you are relatiating against to you

I dreamt that my daughter was drowning in a stagnet pond and I was the only one trying to rescue her while everybody else looked on and said and did nothing.

I think I was feeling hopeless for her problems and a desire to try and rescue her from her problems.

Jun 27, 2009, 09:36 AM
    Thanks for your response too, and what you have said makes a lot of sense to me too in my awake state, Mudweiser, finally got a good night sleep for the most part, Thanks to both of you for responding to me! You both have helped a lot, its funny how if we don't deal with our awake thoughts, our minds will try and figure it out while we sleep, just wish it wasn't the type of therapy I have been getting, being mutilated, burned and having people watch is very distrubing... Thanks again! Cheers!:)
    321543 Posts: 72, Reputation: 10

Jun 27, 2009, 10:00 AM

First know that you have the power to know that you can control your dreams. Called Lucid dreaming.
    Only it takes a bit of practice to master or comprehend. One can start by simply just wishing for something in a dream and watching in appear suddenly. Normally any attacks of any kind can be an enemy or fear of some type in life. If you rid of it in a dream it will likely go away in life with out you ever realizing it's true face. ( At least on a conscious level anyway).
    The indians also taught this to the young braves before they went out on a hunt so they would no be afraid of the buffalo. Just read up on the subject a bit, study it and apply what is best for you .
    I found this to have worked for me through out my life after reading and trying to apply them to rid of my nightmares. Being a combat Vet.

Jun 27, 2009, 11:16 AM
    Thank you so much, can you tell me what the books are you are reading? I love learning about the Indian beliefs and how they are with the spiritual side of things. Cheers to you for combating what must be horrific nightmares, and sharing that you were a combat vet, I only know one vet who talks about what he feels from his experiences too, but never the stories of what he witnessed... which I can understand,, Cheers and hugs to you for all you have done to protect the world! Thank you again for your support and ideas! Lisa
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jun 27, 2009, 11:34 AM

Here is a site I use for lucid dreaming
    Ixquick Highlighted Result Page
    spiritcharms Posts: 230, Reputation: 30

Jul 2, 2009, 02:13 PM

What a great thread! I love dreaming, its amazing what our subconscious mind gets up too! Lol... glad you got it sorted and slept better since!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dreaming of being murdered [ 12 Answers ]

What does it mean if you frequently dream of being murdered?

Mom was murdered [ 6 Answers ]

My mother was murdered when I was 19 And I am know 22 why can't I stop crying ? She was all I had and Ill never be the same with out her . What do I do

Does Anyone Know About This Murdered Boy Case [ 9 Answers ]

Do you know how I might be able to research an old murder case. I saw a mom being interviewed on a talk show from prison(not sure which show - maybe Jenny Jones) maybe 10 years ago. I don't even know her sons name now but this callused woman and her boyfriend tortured her son 10 or 11 years old ~...

Nightmares [ 3 Answers ]

I am six weeks pregnant and every night I have nightmares about losing my baby or husband, most nights I wake up and can’t go back to sleep. When I had my m/c back in June two weeks before I miscarried I began having these dreams, could this be a sign of a miscarriage? I am so afraid of having an...

Sister murdered [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, 2.5 yrs ago my sister was brutally murdered.the killer is still in county jail in so ca awiting trial. Does the system work ? Its been so frustrating & my family is torn apart. Here's a webpage I made about my sister with the local newspaper articles. ...

View more questions Search