Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    081452 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2009, 06:21 PM
    Deutz allis motor
    I am looking to buy a b & s 12.5 v twin motor for a deutz allis 613 special in good running condition
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Jun 29, 2009, 05:50 AM

Hi,
    You will probably be hard pressed to find an engine like that as the one you have is under-rated. That is that the horsepower decal "lies;" it is in fact a 16 HP engine with a decal that says it is less. Nothing illegal there; only illegal if they say it is more than it is!
    Think of it as "good" advertising when you think that it is an awful strong 12.5 HP. I have seen 14 HP 16's and 9 HP 12's in the past.
    You have a 40 cu. in. opposed twin. A V-twin would be a good replacement choice as it would be OHV, use less fuel per HP and cu. in.
    One word of warning, be sure to know the diameter of your crank. There are two common ones, 1" and 1 1/8" and they are of course not interchangeable.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

5hp briggs and stratton tiller motor need model # or replacement motor [ 3 Answers ]

I have an earthquake tiller model 5020 with a 5hp briggs and stratton motor that I need to replace but I can not find the model of the motor. Does anyone know which motor replaces that motor or do you know the model number of the motor that was used on that tiller?

Difference between Brushless dc motor and Permanent magnet syn motor [ 1 Answers ]

Could anybody tell me the difference as in both case rotor is permant magnet and 3 phase stator winding present

Goodman furnace will ?heat motor? And blower motor will run but not at same time [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 2 year old Goodman, gas, no heat pump. There is a flashing LED that blinks once ever 4 seconds. Also, blower motor does not stay on always. We did smell something like an electrical burn. I'm guess my blower motor is fried?

Benefit of bldc motor compare with pmsm motor or blac motor [ 1 Answers ]

in the name of god hi every body what is benefit of brush less dc motor and brush less ac motor. And when we use bldc and when blac? What is different of them? I know that bldcs have trapezial emf and blacs have sin emf.

Deutz Allis Rider will not start [ 1 Answers ]

Ran fine last winter. Won't turn over now. Replaced the ignition, battery, fuel and spark plug. Have confirmed am getting no spark out of the plug. What should I look at next? In addition, the engine will not even try to turn over except maybe half the time. The other time I get nothing and...

View more questions Search