Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Jun 26, 2009, 06:06 PM
    My Aunt died yesterday
    She was the first of six. I don't have a question, I just needed to say it to someone. I just got back from the Family Reunion where she seemed to be fine.

GOD works in different ways I guess. I really loved her, and she wasn't sick that I know of.
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Jun 26, 2009, 06:21 PM

I am so sorry for your loss. G-D bless!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 26, 2009, 06:26 PM

I too am sorry to hear that.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 26, 2009, 06:26 PM

My condolences to you on your loss, Just Dahlia!

We never know the time when it will happen...

God's Love and Peace to You!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 26, 2009, 06:43 PM

I've lost most of my parents' generation, and now death is beginning to touch mine. I guess that's how it goes, but it hurts all the same.

I do wish you good memories, Just Dahlia. Be sure you talk about her and remember her often.
    Ultra Member

Jun 26, 2009, 06:45 PM
    Thank you all so much, but I just can't stop thinking... who's next, I can't bear to lose more. My Mom and Dad are older than my Aunt Maxine.

I'm sorry.
    Uber Member

Jun 26, 2009, 06:53 PM

I know how you feel, Just Dahlia! My parents and other relatives of their generation are long gone now. Michael Jackson was two years younger than me.

Gives a person pause and cause to think...

No need for you to apologize. This type of thing is what people commonly think about.

How old are your mom and dad, please?

Thanks!
    Ultra Member

Jun 26, 2009, 07:22 PM
    My Mom is the youngest. She was 21 when I was born, my Dad 25. I was born in 1959. I'll be 50 on Christmas.

I think I need to just go find something to watch on TV, (which I rarely do) just to think of something else.

I'm really not good with death, it is just so permanent.
    Uber Member

Jun 26, 2009, 07:25 PM

Do you believe that death is the total end to somone's life or maybe the beginning of something else?

Thanks!
    Ultra Member

Jun 26, 2009, 07:31 PM
    I always hope that it's not the end, but it's the end for me (the person who is still alive) So I guess that's being selfish. I will never see them again.

I believe there is something, I'm just not quite sure what. I can't believe that G-D would just send someone into nothing, but who knows.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 26, 2009, 07:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Dahlia View Post
    I always hope that it's not the end, but it's the end for me (the person who is still alive) So I guess that's being selfish. I will never see them again.

I believe there is something, I'm just not quite sure what. I can't believe that G-D would just send someone into nothing, but who knows.
    I cannot believe God would create us to end this life in nothingness. We have learned so much as we live our lives. Is that all in vain? Are families and friends and lovers never to meet again? I don't believe it.
    Ultra Member

Jun 26, 2009, 07:37 PM
    OK, I going with that, That makes me feel better and I've almost stopped crying.:(
    Uber Member

Jun 26, 2009, 07:41 PM

I don't think that God wastes anything. There must be another beginning and/or continuance to what we are. I am a Christian who has been involved in many denominations because of being a leader in music in churches.

Because of my involvement in so many denominations, I have been confused a number of times because of the differences in the belief systems. However, I've always held to what I believe to be a fact, and that would be some sort of afterlife for us.

I have no doubt that I will meet my loved ones who've passed on again.

When I witnessed my mother's death in 1997, I knew in my heart that she was then okay. It was her suffering before death, that became unbearable for our family.

Thanks!
    Ultra Member

Jun 26, 2009, 08:01 PM
    I'm so sorry for your painful loss
    I'm Catholic by birth and then raised in many different religions.. ending up with Judaism.

They all had the same story except for the 'Jesus' thing. Not to make light of that.

I can't help but believe there is something else.
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Jun 26, 2009, 08:07 PM
    God bless you. I'm sorry for your loss. I try to get out all of my pictures of that particular person, and remember them, and how they affected or enriched my life. My godmother( great aunt) just passed away in February. That's what I've been doing.
    Uber Member

Jun 26, 2009, 08:08 PM

Where I'm house and dog sitting right now, she is a Christian and her husband is Jewish. I've asked here if Jews believe in an afterlife, and she has said yes, that they do.

I'm "sticking my neck out here", but of course, there is something else.

What do your church beliefs say about some sort of afterlife?

Thanks!
    321543 Posts: 72, Reputation: 10

Jun 26, 2009, 08:15 PM

May we always remember every day all the joy and great blessings that (?) brought into our lives on a daily basis. ( her ) memory shall forever ever live on through every one of us through each passing day .

You are sorry is so lame if you think about it . That is like one of those un spoken things . That only makes you more depressed during bad moment already.
    Ultra Member

Jun 26, 2009, 08:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Where I'm house and dog sitting right now, she is a Christian and her husband is Jewish. I've asked here if Jews believe in an afterlife, and she has said yes, that they do.

I'm "sticking my neck out here", but of course, there is something else.

What do your church beliefs say about some sort of afterlife?

Thanks!
    I (We) believe in afterlife.
    But I don't understand what the previous poster was trying to say.:confused:
    Ultra Member

Jun 26, 2009, 08:49 PM
    I want to thank you all for helping me through this, hopefully my family will pitch in and maybe call me.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 26, 2009, 08:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 321543 View Post
    You are sorry is so lame if you think about it . that is like one of those un spoken things . That only makes you more depressed during bad moment already.
    Why is that lame? We ARE sorry. We all experience death and losing loved ones. The kindest thing to say is, "I'm sorry." If she were next to me in real life, I would give her a hug too and a kiss on the cheek.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I got a abortion yesterday. What can I do? [ 34 Answers ]

Ok. I am sixteen. And yesterday morning I got a abortion. Please don't judge me. Anyway I was wondering what can I do? I mean like physically with my boyfriend and like exercise like? Please answer, I don't want to put my health at risk for doing something that I'm not supposed to do after a...

Here's my magical yesterday [ 6 Answers ]

Sunday, 8 June 08: My son woke and wanted to go to breakfast since we were both up and the ladies were still sleeping. I told him that I was trying to get some of the laundry done, folded and almost put away (I'm a guy and by my genetics I am limited to not completing some tasks. I can't or...

I got my bfp yesterday now I have a lot of questions [ 4 Answers ]

I confirmed it four times and I now have four bfps so its safe to say I am pregnant. I can't go to the doctor until next week. So till then what can I eat and can't eat also what's the best vitamins I can get till I see my doctor? Or should I just wait it out on the vitamins till I see the doctor?

View more questions Search