Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 26, 2009, 08:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Dahlia View Post
    I want to thank you all for helping me through this, hopefully my family will pitch in and maybe call me.
    When my father died, my family wrote a book about him. Each person included a page or so of memories (like my son who remembered Grandpa pushing him in the swing in the back yard and my other son remembered driving Grandpa to the store and feeling like his special chauffeur). One grandchild drew a front cover and another one did the back cover. My sister took all the pages and covers to work, made color copies, and bound them into booklets with a plastic spiral binder. Every relative who had contributed got a copy.

We planted a tree in his memory.

Every conversation includes him in some way, shape, or form. He continues to live in us, his family.
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Jun 26, 2009, 09:15 PM
    That sounds wonderful.
    I'm still young (50) I have time (I think) to do similar things.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 26, 2009, 11:31 PM

I think that the book thing and other types of memorials sound like great ideas!
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Jun 27, 2009, 01:28 AM

May God bless you Dahlia.
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2009, 06:11 AM
    321543, What's up with the lame business? We came here to console. The DEFINITION of sorry is to give sorrow.
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2009, 06:25 AM

Hey dahlia,I'm sorry to hear about your aunt,a sudden death is always hard to get your head around..
    I think what poster 321543 was trying to get across is sometimes saying sorry just seems so little compared to the loss..
    Maybe I'm wrong.. in any case,I am sorry for your families loss.
    KUXJ Posts: 975, Reputation: 97

Jun 29, 2009, 06:16 AM
    A gentle breeze touched my back
    I went to look but did not react
    My aunt was there letting me know
    She cared

Though my heart is heavy with thoughts of her
    Not a word was spoken
    Just thinking 'bout her

She smiled and nodded
    She loved me I knew
    I knew it was then
    To go on
    Go on for her

Just Dahlia, I am so sorry for your loss
    Please accept my sincerest condolences

K
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 29, 2009, 08:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Dahlia View Post
    I always hope that it's not the end, but it's the end for me (the person who is still alive) So I guess that's being selfish. I will never see them again.

I believe there is something, I'm just not quite sure what. I can't believe that G-D would just send someone into nothing, but who knows.

When my husband died someone said to me that we don't mourn the dead - we mourn our loss and there's a difference. It took me a long time to understand that.

Grieving is a long process with many ups and downs.

I wish you well -
    Uber Member

Jun 29, 2009, 08:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 321543 View Post
    May we always remember each and every day all the joy and great blessings that (?) brought into our lives on a daily basis. ( her ) memory shall forever ever live on through each and every one of us through each passing day .

You are sorry is so lame if you think about it . that is like one of those un spoken things . That only makes you more depressed during bad moment already.

I don't know what losses you've suffered in your life or, for that matter, what it is you are trying to say here BUT I found that people who simply said, "I'm sorry" touched me more than those who rambled on and tried to find words that simply weren't there.
    Uber Member

Jul 6, 2009, 11:48 AM

Coming back just to see how "Dahlia" is doing - OK (I hope). Or maybe just better?
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Jul 6, 2009, 01:43 PM
    I'm doing good JudyKayTee :)
    Thanks for asking, I've been keeping busy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I got a abortion yesterday. What can I do? [ 34 Answers ]

Ok. I am sixteen. And yesterday morning I got a abortion. Please don't judge me. Anyway I was wondering what can I do? I mean like physically with my boyfriend and like exercise like? Please answer, I don't want to put my health at risk for doing something that I'm not supposed to do after a...

Here's my magical yesterday [ 6 Answers ]

Sunday, 8 June 08: My son woke and wanted to go to breakfast since we were both up and the ladies were still sleeping. I told him that I was trying to get some of the laundry done, folded and almost put away (I'm a guy and by my genetics I am limited to not completing some tasks. I can't or...

I got my bfp yesterday now I have a lot of questions [ 4 Answers ]

I confirmed it four times and I now have four bfps so its safe to say I am pregnant. I can't go to the doctor until next week. So till then what can I eat and can't eat also what's the best vitamins I can get till I see my doctor? Or should I just wait it out on the vitamins till I see the doctor?

View more questions Search