Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    THEpurplepeanut Posts: 195, Reputation: 8

Jun 26, 2009, 03:34 PM
    How to make a zip up hoodie smaller
    I have this big zip up hoodie my older brother gave me, it's an XL in mens and I wanted to know how I could make it smaller to fit my womanly figure. I tried looking online but found nothing to help me so I thought I would come here. Could I make a pea coat out of it and if not could I have a pattern for one?
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Jun 29, 2009, 04:06 PM
    Well a zip up hoodie and a pea coat are completely different.
    Is your hoodie cotton? I have found (not on purpose) washing in HOT and drying in HOT will shrink to the point I no longer want the garment. :(

The pea coats I have seen are wool, if your hoodie is wool and you use the washing method, it will be almost certainly ruined.

Go to a fabric store and get a pattern for a pea coat in your size and go from there. If you have enough material from that extra large hoodie, cut it out and start from scratch, but unless you are really tiny I don't think there will be enough.:)

Jun 29, 2009, 05:51 PM

Thanks I tried the washing in hot and drying in hot a while ago but it is still WAY too big. I don't think the pea coat thing would work, I'll just buy one. Thanks!
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 29, 2009, 06:26 PM

Hi, THEpurplepeanut!

It's been awhile since I communicated with you on the site. How are things going for you?

Just Dahlia asked you if it is made of cotton. Is it?

Thanks!

Jun 30, 2009, 12:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Hi, THEpurplepeanut!

It's been awhile since I communicated with you on the site. How are things going for you?

Just Dahlia asked you if it is made out of cotton. Is it?

Thanks!
    Hey Clough!! Things are great! It has been a while. I have just been busy with the end of the school year with graduation and all that. And yes my hoodie is made of cotton.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I make my pores smaller? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I have had this problems since I can remember and thought I would see if anyone had some advice :) I have clear skin, of course the occasional pimple here and there, but otherwise fine. But I have always had HUGE pores! On my nose, cheek area around nose, and chin my pores are huge! When I am...

How do I make my boobs smaller? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I am 16 years old, 5'6" and 118 pounds. (My BMI is around 17%). And I am a 32DD. I feel that my really big boobs overcompensate for my small figure. I've started noticing that if I don't wear a bra, I develop stretch marks, which is my WORST nightmare. (I've started using Cocoa Butter lotion to...

How to make everything on the screen smaller? [ 2 Answers ]

I don't know how to explain this right so try to bear with me. My mom was messing around with my laptop and the next day when I went on it everything on the screen is bigger! The X in the right hand corner, pictures, letters, icons, just everything is like 2x bigger. I don't know how to fix it but...

View more questions Search