Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    caroash09 Posts: 52, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2009, 03:00 PM
    English short story
    Guys I need help in English... I have to write passage from short story to explain one paragraph... just in four or five line... help me if you can... the story is The Bet by Anton Chekhov
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 26, 2009, 03:13 PM

Which section of the story?

Jun 26, 2009, 04:09 PM

Anyone... does not matter

Jun 26, 2009, 04:11 PM

Can you help me with that...
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 26, 2009, 04:17 PM

Which paragraph?

Jun 26, 2009, 04:25 PM

Anyone... just one paragraph... just pick one..
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 26, 2009, 04:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by caroash09 View Post
    anyone...just one paragraph....just pick one..
    Which one do YOU want to write about?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 26, 2009, 04:26 PM

We can't do your homework for you. You have to put in some effort.

Tell us what you've got so far, then we'll go from there.

Jun 26, 2009, 04:30 PM

Its not about. My homework... I did one paragraph but I am not sure and I just want if someone do another paragraph for me anyone from here... so I can see my mistake and I can improve it... I just did it myself... I just want to know... help

Jun 26, 2009, 04:31 PM

To wondergirl... whatever comfortable for you...
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 26, 2009, 04:33 PM
    its not abt. my homework...i did one paragraph but i am not sure and i just want if someone do another paragraph for me anyone from here...so i can see my mistake and i can improve it...i just did it myself...i just wanna know... help
    Please post what you have written so far. I am not stupid enough to write a nice paragraph and then you disappear with my good writing. Btw, what I write would not show your mistake.

Jun 26, 2009, 04:38 PM

I feel like I wrote summary... I think that she does not want me do that... I am just confuse so I just want to see someone ans... so I can check mine... its my english assignment
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 26, 2009, 04:41 PM
    i feel like i wrote summary...i think that she does not want me do that...i am just confuse so i just wanna see someone ans....so i can check mine...its my english assignment
    Please post what you have written.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 26, 2009, 04:44 PM

Read the rules, we can't do your homework for you.

Post what you've written, then we can go from there.

Jun 26, 2009, 04:45 PM

"The Bet" is a short story that explores a moral theme regarding the value of human life. However, the story is constructed with an important ironic twist that brings the reader back to the original context of the bet (if the lawyer could endure solitary confinement for fifteen years), and presents an unexpected result. One can ultimately see that Anton Chekhov presents the readers with two different paths in the story. One of them is the banker, who refuses to face his own morality and the other is the lawyer (prisoner) who actually faces his own morality, but falls into despair because he is so disconnected from the outside world, even after gaining so much knowledge. These two characters may thrive on change, but they both alter their own human values in great ways.

I did this I don't think so I am right... I feel that she does not want this
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 26, 2009, 04:53 PM
    "The Bet" is a short story that explores a moral theme regarding the value of human life. However, the story is constructed with an important ironic twist that brings the reader back to the original context of the bet (if the lawyer could endure solitary confinement for fifteen years), and presents an unexpected result. One can ultimately see that Anton Chekhov presents the readers with two different paths in the story. One of them is the banker, who refuses to face his own morality and the other is the lawyer (prisoner) who actually faces his own morality, but falls into despair because he is so disconnected from the outside world, even after gaining so much knowledge. These two characters may thrive on change, but they both alter their own human values in great ways.

i did this i don't think so i am right...i feel that she does not want this
    What is the exact assignment?

(Don't you mean "mortality," not "morality"? Big difference.)

Jun 26, 2009, 04:55 PM

Yeah sorry... the assignment is like read short story choose paragraph or line and write about. It... its grade 12 English assignment
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 26, 2009, 04:57 PM
    yeah sorry...the assignment is like read short story choose paragraph or line and write abt. it...its grade 12 English assignment
    So choose a paragraph or line, and I will help you write about it.

Jun 26, 2009, 04:58 PM
    OK lets take first paragraph... you OK with that?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 26, 2009, 05:00 PM
    ok lets take first paragraph...you ok with that??
    It's your assignment and your choice. I'm just along for the ride.

How much do you have to write, and with what purpose? To explain? To expound upon? What?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is name of this short story [ 2 Answers ]

I read this in college. It's about a family that takes a trip. The car breaks down and 3 men show up and they end up killing the family. I think the grandmother survives. I had to do a research paper on the symbolism on this story. Been trying to find it for a couple months now. Please...

Short Story [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, so here it goes... I'm the assigned prayer leader for our math class tomorrow... and my teacher asked me to create a short story and a reflection about it... before I recite my own prayer.. I already have a prayer which is "Dear Lord, Bless us today. Open our minds to help us learn and grow....

Short story [ 1 Answers ]

What is the shortest thing that will be published because I have a story that is only close to 6000 words, I think it is worth publishing but is it long enough and if it is what is it called a novel or a novella or anything like that?

How's this short story? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I just wrote a short story and I was wondering what everybody thought of it. It's the first one I have ever written so try not to bash it just to bash it. Other than that criticize it as much as you like.:) By the way I got the inspiration for it while reading a collection of short story's by...

Short story [ 3 Answers ]

I have to bring a short story (preferably no longer than 15 pages) into class, talk a bit about the author and then lead a discussion on it. I'm not a big on reading short stories so I don't have any books on them or anything. Does anyone know a short story that's easy to analyse and has some...

View more questions Search