Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1417OLYMPIA Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2009, 12:57 PM
    Homeless 15 YO Grand daughter
    I have a 15 yo grand daughter "r", her mother left "r" with her mother, the
    Grandmother "rose" let her leave her house, now she is homeless ,hanging out and sleeping with a 19 yo young man, also homeless. Do I the other
    Grandmother have any right? Can I bring her to my home and not be charged with something stupid like kiddnapping, I assume I will need a lawyer
    If so... who do you know in orlano Florida?
    Thanks for your help
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Jun 26, 2009, 01:03 PM

Is it correct that you are the paternal grandmother? Where is 'r''s father in this?

If no one is looking for her, its not kidnapping. If you allow her to stay with you, contact the police to notify them she is there and explain the situation.

You should also go to court and apply for guardianship. Her mother and possibly maternal grandmother might be guilty of abandonment, depending on the situation.

I cannot recommend a lawyer in Orlando. I know a good one in Brevard, but that's a bit too far away. Look in the yellowpages for just about any lawyer who handles custody and family law cases.

But for now, just get her somewhere safe.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Teenage Daughter 18, On drugs & homeless. How do I save her? [ 8 Answers ]

I have a very beautiful daughter that is 18 yrs old. She dropped out of her senior year of H.S. four months before graduating. She was doing fine in the sense of having good friends and enjoying her life. Then one day she decided to leave home (away from dad & step-mom) to be with her mother. As...

Adopting my grand daughter [ 3 Answers ]

I have raised and supported my 8 year old grand daughter for 7 years.recently,my daughter has given me guardianship,custody,and termination of parental rights for adoption.this is all filed in the court.a children's service court appointed lady came check my home,and speak with my grand daughter....

Son and grand daughter [ 1 Answers ]

Hi my grand daughter is terminally ill and only has months to live my son is her main carer as his girlfriend walked out on the sick child as a family we are heart broken as this is our sons only child the most unfortunate thing is that he needs a flat to bring her out of hospital to die in but the...

My 3 year Grand Daughter will not talk [ 1 Answers ]

My three year Grand daughter will not talk unless you tell her what to say.She will say only one word at a time.She requires verbal prompting in order to communicate with others. She will not play with other children, but rather obseves them. She exhibits constant fidgeting. She babbles words...

Missing My Grand Daughter [ 4 Answers ]

Whenever my son and his daughter mother are not on good terms she retaliates by keeping my grand daughter away from me! They are no longer together and I'm tired of her threating me that I will never see my grand daughter again. I would like to know if I should just take her to court to get grand...

View more questions Search