Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    13ecca Posts: 63, Reputation: 2

Jun 26, 2009, 12:23 PM
    Recommended healthy diets
    I was just wondering if anyone could recommended a healthy diet.
    Along with exercise I hope to loose around 40lbs. I know it will take a lot of hard work and determination. I need to start looking at some healthy diets which I can follow.
    If anyone can recommend one that has work for them or a friend, tell me a little about it and the results then that would be great :)
    X
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Jun 26, 2009, 12:27 PM

I have just lost an additional 20 lbs. this is what I did. Unlimmited veggies about 2-3 servings fruit a day. High fiber cereal in the morning. Light lunch and a lean meat for dinner. No soda. Watch portion size. It will work trust me. Oh yeah no junk food!
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Jun 26, 2009, 12:28 PM

If you can afford the cost. The provida diet is EXCELLENT.

Provida Life Sciences | 6 Week Body Makeover

Good luck!

*edit* Please note, that on the websites main page there is a type in price. It is NOT 19.99. It is 119.99
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jun 26, 2009, 03:45 PM

Make a lifestyle change... eat healthier food choices, eat smaller portions... read labels to find out exactly what a serving size is, watch calorie intake... going too low can cause your body to limit the weight loss, don't skip meals, keep healthy snacks available, drink more water, as was said... cut out sodas and junk food. If you absolutely can't, at least limit them to maybe once a week or something.

A few easy guides to consider for foods and their labels:

*no more than 3 grams of fat per 100 calories
    *no trans fats
    *avoid foods with high fructose corn syrup (tricky to do because many foods have added sugar)
    *ingredients are listed from most to least... pay attention... avoid added sugars in the first several ingredients
    *look for 100% whole wheat or 100% whole grains (some will say "whole wheat" but that is not the same)
    *try to limit "white" foods... flour, breads, pasta, rice, etc.. Look for 100% whole wheat in these as well.
    *eat as many foods in their natural state as you can... limit boxed foods
    *get adequate amounts of protein throughout the day
    *go for dark colors in fruits and veggies
    *berries, berries, and more berries... mix them together or make a smoothie with them... throw in a little milled flaxseed to make it even healthier
    *try to get most of what you eat from the perimeter of the store and less items from the center
    *lean meats and fish, about the size of your palm is a serving size
    *have some treats on hand... a fudgesicle is only 40 calories for example... or maybe a small amount of non-fat whipped cream on your berries.
    *a multivitamin if you feel you need the extra insurance of getting what you need

As you start to see results from your efforts it will motivate you too keep going and make even more changes! Good luck... :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Tummy Reduce diets [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 29 years old lady. I have one daughter. She is of 3 years old. My delivery was scezarian. After my delivery I didn't do any abdominal excercises. After that only my tummy starts becoming big.My tighs also went on big. How can I reduce my tummy. Is it possible - after my second delivery it...

Cleansing diets? [ 3 Answers ]

A couple of my friends just began a cleansing diet. I dont know much information but i was wondering if anyone has done on or is on one. What is the best one or healthy ways to cleanse your body? :confused:

Raw diets? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there , This is only my second post but seeing as you are all so intelligent when it comes to the subject of cats I am wondering how familiar , if at all , any of you are to an all raw diet . I have been researching the possible transition latelty and find myself on the fence, when it come...

Workouts and diets [ 1 Answers ]

I'm going out for special warfare in the military. Right now I am having problems with my running and chin ups,I was hoping some one could give me some techniques. I was also hoping some one could give me a good diet plan as I am very serious.:rolleyes:

Diabetic diets [ 3 Answers ]

How many grams of sugar and Carbohydrates should a diabetic have, based on a 2000 calorie diet?

View more questions Search