Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HITAPU Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2009, 12:02 PM
    Cure for palpitation
    I am suffering from palpitation from last many years and it is more frequent recently. Since last few months I am facing financial crisis and am insecure about the future. I have taken cipralex, raxipra,zapiz,dapsol,depolate and a few such anti depressant and anti anxiety medicines but to no use.

Please guide me. Is the palpitation due to anxiety or some other cause. In younger days after seeing or hearing death news,palpitation used to start. I have a family history of depression. I am a female and my age is 39 years.

Thank you
    Ponam shah
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jun 26, 2009, 12:52 PM

Are you sure it is specifically heart palpitations? Does it only happen when you feel like you are having panic attacks/anxiety?
    What exactly were you diagnosed by the doctor as having?

Are you taking meds now?
    Many of the natural things you can take for heart problems shouldn't be taken with many heart meds.

I can try and help a little more if you can let me know that palpitations was your diagnosis and if you are taking meds now.
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Jun 26, 2009, 12:56 PM

You need to go back to your doctor
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jun 26, 2009, 03:15 PM

I agree... the palpatations may be related to your anxiety, but you need to see a cardiologist to rule out anything more serious first.
    Sometimes seeing a counselor can help as well... to help you deal with the causes of your anxiety. Once you come to see that you can deal with situations that are stressful in different ways, you may find you experience fewer palpatations.
    Diet can also play a role for some people. Too much caffeine for example can cause palpatations... which in turn can cause you to be anxious about having them. Hormone issues can also play a role for some women in regard to palpatations.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is there a cure for OCD? [ 6 Answers ]

Hello there I am wondering if anyone knows a "cure" for OCD or at least how to calm it down. My sister has the disorder and it is a complete nightmare living with her its like living with cinderella this is probably why she is losing so much weight. I don't really know that much about it but she...

What is the cure for eczema? [ 14 Answers ]

What's the natural way of curing eczema? I went to the dermatologists and she prescribed me topical steroid, I saw some improvements in the first 4 weeks thereafter non.What is the most effective way of curing eczema? Please help.

How can I cure my nausea? [ 2 Answers ]

From yesterday afternoon to today, I've been feeling very nauseated. I have a pretty high fever, and I get extremely cold most of the time. I can't really eat anything, except maybe fruit but I'm not sure. And I can barely walk, or even move, without feeling discomfort. What can I do to get rid...

The Cure. [ 3 Answers ]

I believe this is where this type of question should be posted... I was curious if someone had any idea on how to convert a live DVD concert to the correct audio format... so I could play it on my iPod (nano) -- . I heard/read it somewhere that it's possible... My search on trying to find out how...

Getting off the cure [ 2 Answers ]

Having successfully quit smoking using Chantrix, I am wondering if I will experience cravings for cigarettes when I try to stop the medication. Although Chantrix has helped a lot, the withdrawal symptoms still wear you down and I am not sure if I will have the strengh to withstand another couple of...

View more questions Search