Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DanieleSmith Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2006, 10:49 AM
    Probation for DUI now consumption citation
    I was arrested and charged in Carter County with DUI on January 30th of 2006.. I've made all my payments, been to all my probation meetings and was going to be coming off this coming January.. but 3 nights ago I was caught and cited with underage consumption at a nightclub in Washington County. Figures that in all honesty I haven't had one alcoholic drink since that night and the one night I do I get caught. I was marked under in the club and my friend had just bought a drink and said here try this it's too strong and out of instinct I took a drink of it and about the time I did the cop came up behind me. I either have to go to court or pay my fines by November 9th. I was trying to figure out that since this was considered a misdemeanor citation/arrest and I don't even have to appear in court that if it's going to be a violation of probation in Carter County? I have friends that are telling me that since it happened in a different county that carter county wouldn't even find out about it unless I told my probation officer but I don't know if that's true. I don't want to lie to him and get in even more trouble for that.. can anyone help me please?

I need to know first off if it is a violation and secondly if it is.. if my po can find out about it before I get off probation 2 months later?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 13, 2006, 10:58 AM
    OH yes they will, if they were not already notified,

But first question, on your probation are you required to notify them if you get arrested, or if you get convicted ?

If it is arrested, then notify your probation officer, my gut quess is that he will read you the roit act but would not violate your probation.

But if you only report convictions, then get your other case continued till after your probation ends.

Also for underage consumption often you can get an attorney and work out a deal to do comunnity service or a progarm and they drop the case after you have fulfilled your obligation
    DanieleSmith Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2006, 11:18 AM
    It says "The defendant shall obey all laws and shall report any arrests immediately to his probation officer. Being arrested or charged is a cause for revocation." it also states that "The defendant is prohibited from the use of intoxicants of any kind, including alcohol." So my best bet would be to call him Monday morning or just wait until I meet with him on the 18th? What do you honestly believe are the chances or him violating me are?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Electricity Consumption [ 8 Answers ]

Hi everybody, I was on holidays and surprised to see our electricity bill. My wife told me that mostly our bills are double to the bills of our neighbours and relatives. We are getting bills of double the amount of many of our neighbours and relatives who are using the same number of lights and...

Dui [ 5 Answers ]

I was arrested last night for a dui. I made an illegal you turn and a officer pulled me over. I don't remember what I blew on the breath test, and I failed the soberity tests that were given to me. I moved from Illinois to Arizona. I lived here for a year now. This is my first offense, and the...

Power Consumption of Refrigerator [ 1 Answers ]

Would I consume more power to leave a deep freezer in a hot room with no ventilation, or to put a standard box fan that you can buy at walmart behind it blowing the air out through a window?

Dui fines [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I got a dui in 1999 I was 20 at the time. I spent two days in jail and was released after I went to court. This is the only time I've been in trouble before and still to this day. I pleaded guilty for charges of driving under the influence, driving on a suspended license, giving false...

High fuel consumption [ 4 Answers ]

My Honda Civic 91 DX has bad gas mileage - about 21MPG. What could be the cause of it? I know underinflated tires can cause it, but my tires are properly inflated (as Service Manual states). I have the following items all new, so I should remove them from the list of possible causes: oxygen...

View more questions Search