Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vicsverma Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2009, 04:16 AM
    Cost of a thermal power station
    Can u tell me how much it cost to start a new thermal power station and what is the cost of the machinery involved in it?
    Newton1Law Posts: 60, Reputation: 5

Jul 17, 2009, 06:45 AM
    The first question to answer here is what capacity are you looking for? A thermal power station may be any size you wish and of course the cost will reflect the capacity, fuel type you wish to use, location and govrenmental regulations including FREC, EPA, etc.

General cost for a 1000 mega-watt plant using coal would be about 800 million to 1.5 billion dollars.

Hope this helps.
    relwani123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2010, 03:54 AM

Thanks for your reply.

Quote of all the required machinery for putting up 100 MW Thermal Power Plant.

Statutory Govt. requirements will be taken care by us.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How we design a coal base thermal power plant? [ 6 Answers ]

What is cost for 6MW coal base thermal power plant?

Geo Thermal Heat Cost Worth It? [ 7 Answers ]

We are looking to install a Geothermal heat/cooling system in our two year old modular home. The system is estimated to cost us in excess of $20000. We now heat our 2800 sq ft. home with forced air gas. Our high gas bill was $240 month (not too bad) but gas prices may increase to over 70%...

What is the procedure to make thermal power plant [ 1 Answers ]

How can we construct a thermal power plant demo working model, mai I know the step by step procedure , and the things required for follying assembly, and step step prosedure of assembly

Nuclear power station [ 2 Answers ]

The United States has neither commissioned nor built a new nuclear power station in over 30 years, yet there are as many as 80 new plants in the early licensing stages. What has changed in the social, environmental, and politial arenas to produce such a change in policy.

Compressor Thermal Power [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, Is there any method to know the thermal output of a compressor if I know the type of refrigerant and amount that is used? I only know the voltage and running current and amount and type of refrigerant. Thank you all.

View more questions Search