Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1lostyankee Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2009, 04:03 AM
    Ideas for Parents' Anniversary Gift
    My husband's parents will be celebrating their 50th anniversary and we need to figure out what to get them. Not money, not a gift card. They are fairly well-off, they have a lot of stuff and don't really need anything. There isn't really one thing they both love, they each collect different things and have different hobbies. Any ideas?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jun 26, 2009, 05:59 AM

Maybe one of those digital photo frames that continuously changes filled with family photos from different members of the family. If possible, include a copy of their wedding photo.

More pricey, but is it too late to plan a family reunion to celebrate their marriage? Perhaps a nice dinner with family members and some of their friends invited.

If there are other family members that can contribute to the cost, maybe send them someplace they have always wanted to go.

More than likely they would be happy just to spend some time with their family... so perhaps a nice picnic gathering to a state park or something.

A book with remembrances written in by different family members and even friends if possible. Each person can share a few memories they had with them... maybe learning to ride a bike, being read to at night, watching Wizard of Oz as a family every year, special outings, a family camping trip when they were little, being taught to drive, an old friend might share something they did back in high school... some prank they pulled, when they got in trouble at school, grandkids might share something they did with them... going fishing, baking cookies, planting flowers together, whatever funny, happy, sad, encourageing memories people might want to share.
    kate_smith Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2010, 05:31 AM

Just being with the whole family is enough or your can also check out the most popular anniversary gift ideas today as voted by the user community on itsThoughtful.com. Its cool to see what other users find interesting.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Anniversary gift ideas [ 6 Answers ]

This weekend is my 1st anniversary. Yeah, I know it's paper or a clock, that's not the problem. My husband and I originally agreed that we were just going to take each other on a "date". Well, he decides to tell me last night that he bought me something after we decided not to get gifts. Now I feel...

What can I get as a two year anniversary gift? [ 3 Answers ]

My two year anniversary with my boyfriend is coming up in a few weeks, and I need to get him a gift! But I don't know what to get him. I'm on a very very tight budget. What are good ideas? Other than a mixed CD, cause I've done that many times. I wanted to get him a piece of jewelry like a...

20th Anniversary Gift to Parents involving Photos [ 12 Answers ]

Ok I'm trying to come up with an idea for a gift for my parents 20th Anniversary and the party is next week. I have collected a bunch of old photos of them and their parents. I am looking for a way to display them w/o using glue and other permanent means. Several of the pics are old and I only...

20th Anniversary Gift to Parents [ 1 Answers ]

Ok I'm trying to come up with an idea for a gift for my parents 20th Anniversary and the party is next week. I have collected a bunch of old photos of them and their parents. I am looking for a way to display them w/o using glue and other permanent means. Several of the pics are old and I only...

An Anniversary Gift for His Wife [ 1 Answers ]

A friend sent this to me and I thought it was pretty funny. I had to share it with you all. An Anniversary Gift for His Wife You may want to re-consider the purchase of a taser for protection of Yourself or a loved one. Read further for info. This is one of those stories where you...

View more questions Search