Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lauriem41 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2009, 01:14 AM
    what happened?
    I am 41 yr old, single woman, began dating a man who was @ that time 50, It was casual @ first, an then, as expected, progressed further over a period of 3 mo, he traveled for business, an suddenlly decided to date a woman living 18 hrs and in a different country, I was crushed, not because of a "long term cometment" but I felt we were going someplace great, and believed he felt the same. Of course it was a desaster, and he began persueing me again, after several failed attempts I gave in, and a month and a half later, on a business trip he runs into a gal he dated 16 yrs ago and is going to pursue the relationship long sense past, leaving me high and dry yet again. I just feel like I am a fool, but he tells me he values my friendship, should I ever even speak to this man again? Jokes on me right! NOT FUNNY! Please help!
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Jun 26, 2009, 07:10 AM
    It sounds like he has broken hearts of women all over the place.

I call men like this players. They play long enough until a better game happens somewhere else. Or so they think.

He is really playing with you emotionally. You just start to get over him, and he dumps his current fling, and comes back to you, then repeats himself again.

I don't think he wasted too much time recovering from his relationship with you- either time- where you were proably crushed.

Recognize him for what he is. Not good relationship material, and not good friend material.

Allow yourself time to get over him, and move onto a better relationship with a man you can trust.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Jun 26, 2009, 08:20 AM

There are 6 billion other people in this world, you don't need scum like him. Move on...
    jolienoire Posts: 917, Reputation: 166

Jun 26, 2009, 08:42 AM
    Let him go, if you keep accepting this behavior he will be in and out of your life as long as you let him.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 26, 2009, 08:52 AM

We all make mistakes of the heart, hoping for better, it didn't work and it sucks, but don't beat yourself up about it, there is too much life yet to explore.

Nothing wrong with taking a risk, and it doesn't work out, but learn the lessons you have gained through the experience, and don't repeat them.
    Ren6 Posts: 539, Reputation: 121

Jun 26, 2009, 09:19 AM
    You've learned something about this guy. As another poster pointed out, he's a "player". I would end all contact with him. You can do way better in romantic partners and friends.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jun 27, 2009, 07:59 AM

He's a player and he most likely wants to keep you on the side lines for when he isn't out on the field playing.
    He says you are friends. Maybe he wants friends, maybe even friends with benefits, and you are reading more into it because you look at it from a different perspective that puts more value into the relationship.
    See him for what he is. Don't expect him to ever go for you exclusively and don't let your guard down hoping for more.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What EXACTLY happened [ 7 Answers ]

03/08/2002 $1=1.1414135407 Euro 03/08/2008 $1= .64864 Euro It's 176% devaluating for six years:confused: :confused: :confused:

This Really Happened! [ 9 Answers ]

Some of you know that one of things that I do for a living is that I tune and service acoustic pianos. Last week, I went to a small town near where I live to tune a piano in a home. One of the sons let me in the door. As I normally do, I asked for a glass of water. The son came back and...

Never happened before [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all, I've been left quite puzzled and worried about my period this month which started on 29th August.I have been passing a lot of big clots on my towell and even when I use the toilet its full of blood (sorry for the details) which has NEVER happened to me before, I kind of thought I was...

Has this happened to you? [ 2 Answers ]

I've been honorably coached by some great people on this site. Now that my troubles seem to be coming to an end for this past tragedy I would like to know what you would do in this situation: In the midst of my divorce I found out from my kids that my ex-to-be secretly moved my kids into the...

View more questions Search