Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Krazie Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2009, 11:15 PM
    Belly button bump
    OK so I got my belly done about A little over a month ago and its been doing really good on one side of my piercing its reallyhard(like a bump under it) and swollen kind of. It feel like a bump under my skin and it hurts kind of bad. There's not nay puss coming out except when I changed it once. It does hurt when you touch it and its only on the right side on my belly ring.. is it Scar Tissue!
    Can someome please help mee I'm freakin out!
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Jun 25, 2009, 11:20 PM

It could be an infection. I suggest you go see a doctor.
    Krazie Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2009, 11:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown008 View Post
    It could be an infection. I suggest you go see a doctor.
    Okay thanks
    mugger Posts: 191, Reputation: 26

Jun 26, 2009, 10:25 AM

What kind of jewelry are you using and how are you taking care of it?
    While I agree that it needs attention from someone, doctors actually don't know a whole hell of a lot about body modification. It's not a horrible idea and they might be able to help, but I also suggest returning to your piercer.
    babeygurl_08 Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2009, 08:51 PM

That deffinetley sounds like a keloid forming, and since you changed it you probably really irritated your piercing. But the best thing to do, is get sea salt, and boil some water, mix it in a cup until all the sea salt has dissolved then take a gauze pad or cotton ball dip it in there, and hold it where the bump is for 5 minutes every night , once a night for a week. It should bring down the swelling.

Also DO NOT, change it for 6 months. Because that just pokes through the new skin that is trying to form in the inside and it takes much longer to heal. And don't touch it with dirty hands EVER, that causes infections most of the time, and that's what causes them to fall out.

But Best of Luck !

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Achy belly under belly button, and had dirreaha (tmi I know sorry) [ 6 Answers ]

I am irregular when it comes to AF, had my period last month (april) from the 8th to the 12th.. my husband was home for leave from iraq and we tried our hardest to conceive, but I do not know if it works. I typically have my period around the 28th but sometimes comes late or a month late... very...

Bump on bottom belly button piercing. Is this scar tissue? [ 14 Answers ]

I just got the bottom part of my belly button pierced a month ago.. It was healing fine with no problems when all of a sudden a few days ago I noticed a bump of what might be "scar tissue" that has formed next to my piercing. I am worried that my body is going to reject the piercing and it will...

Belly Button [ 6 Answers ]

I heard that if mom-to-be's belly button is outie then it's a boy and girl if it is innie. Is it true? Does anyone heard of such thing?

When does your belly button pop? [ 6 Answers ]

I just reached my 4th month of pregnancy. I normally have an innie belly button. (it's normally so "in" that you can't see all the way in it.) anyway, as of today, it has opened up and has become more shallow... I've heard of belly buttons poping out, but not this soon. This is my first child and I...

View more questions Search