Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    daisymay54101 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2009, 04:44 PM
    Bathroom lites going off and on
    The bathroom lights work, but once in awhile they will go out and not come back on for awhile. This happened a few time in the last month.
    jerro Posts: 172, Reputation: 5

Jun 25, 2009, 06:13 PM

Is it an older fluorescent light fixture?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jun 25, 2009, 07:55 PM

Are they recessed cans with high wattage bulbs? Are they regular bulbs(incandesent), Multiple bulbs in 1 fixture.
    I would change the switch, quick and cheap if you have no meter, if it continues, it is likely not the switch, then Fixture connections would be next.
    Bulb sockets can fail.
    Usually if you remove the bulb and look closely at the rivits inside the socket for burnt/black where rivit connects to socket connection. Burnt will cause intermiddent connection.
    daisymay54101 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2009, 05:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratmando View Post
    Are they recessed cans with high wattage bulbs? Are they regular bulbs(incandesent), Multiple bulbs in 1 fixture.
    I would change the switch, quick and cheap if you have no meter, if it continues, it is likely not the switch, then Fixture connections would be next.
    Bulb sockets can fail.
    Usually if you remove the bulb and look closely at the rivits inside the socket for burnt/black where rivit connects to socket connection. Burnt will cause intermiddent connection.
    The bathroom was completely gutted out and everything replaced around 5 years ago
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jun 26, 2009, 05:52 PM

Are the bulbs too high a wattage and opening thermal?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Who remade "Toby" by the chi-lites? [ 1 Answers ]

Please!!

Can lites [ 1 Answers ]

How many can lites can I run with a 20 amp breaker?

Headlights blinking like signal lites [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 90 Chey Corsica with an unusual problem. I hear a clicking noise like a bad flasher, and my headlights start blinking off and on. It's an intermittent problem, and I can't seem to find any reason for it. Anybody got any ideas?

Can I go back to my hi-lites [ 5 Answers ]

Please help!! Before going to the salon 4 days ago, I had nice blond hi lites on my brown hair (been doing it for +5 yrs) I got to the point where my whole hair was light, no contrast, except for my 1 inch roots. So I wanted a change, and wanted to get a darker hair with caramel hi lites. ...

View more questions Search