Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mixitup93 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2009, 12:43 PM
    Laptop mouse pad not working
    The other day my little brother and his friend were pushing some buttons on my laptop and today when I went to use it I discovered that the mouse won't work. You can't click, scroll, or move the mouse in any way. It is reallly important that I fix this. Also I cannot access the toolbar because it "dissappears" when the mouse is not on it. Please help.
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2009, 12:58 PM

Hmmm. No mouse. That makes clicking tough.

Get to START | RUN (<ALT><S> will open up the START menu if all other windows are closed. <Ctrl><ESC> will also open it uncer certain circumstances. Enter "DEVMGMT.MSC", tab to the OK key and hit <ENTER>. The "Device Manager" will open.

Use <ALT><TAB> to move to that window. Arrow down (or hit "M") to "Mice and other pointing devices" and open the tree using the "+" sign on the keypad (not on the top row of the keyboard). Arrow down to your mouse and type <ALT><A>. The ACTION menu should open. Arrow down to "Uninstall" and hit <ENTER>. If you have more than one mouse device (say a mouse pad and a real mouse), do this for both mice.

Reboot the computer. The mouse should be detected and the driver should be installed and initialized.

If that doesn't work, let us know.
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2009, 02:10 PM

Many laptops have a disable option to disable the touchpad

-check control panel for mouse/keyboard options to see if setting there

Some laptops also have a physical button you can push to disable/enable the touchpad - Look exactly above the touchpad for a small button (sometimes not even noticeable)

If these don't help out, what model laptop are you using?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Laptop mouse pad isn't working [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I really need help. I have the AcerOne laptop, and I've had it since last christmas and everything's been fine up until this morning when I turned it on and found the mouse isn't working at all! I would try to re-install anything but it doesn't click on anything at all to do that! Im using the...

Laptop Mouse [ 6 Answers ]

I have an Adent Laptop 6552 the mouse/pointer is mad!! It double clicks which I need to disable and also if you hover your pointer over something it auto opens after a few seconds PLEASE help me Thanks in advance to all:confused::confused:

Laptop mouse not working [ 3 Answers ]

My laptop mouse is somehow locked and I can not click on anything what should I do

My mouse is locked on my laptop, how do I fix it? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm trying to work my laptop, I'm turning it on and entering my password but the mouse on the laptop itself won't work. Is there anything I can do to fix it?:( :( :( :( :(

Disabling mouse of laptop [ 2 Answers ]

How can I disable the function of the mouse of my laptop. I only want to use an external mouse?

View more questions Search