Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kdevette Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2009, 12:35 PM
    Disabled woman needs money for house repair
    I have water damage on the outside of my house. Several window frames are severely damaged and also a lot of the siding is damaged. I have no money to fix it and don't know who to get to fix it either. How can I get a grant for the expenses and who do you recommend to do the work? I am a 62 year old woman on Social Security Disability. I have recently files bankruptcy and have no money for repairs.
    jolienoire Posts: 917, Reputation: 166

Jun 25, 2009, 12:42 PM

What state are you in?

Jun 25, 2009, 12:44 PM

Also, have you tried HUD?
    kdevette Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2009, 02:59 PM
    I'm in Michigan. I have not tried HUD. How and where do I contact them? Can it be done online?

Kathy

Jun 26, 2009, 04:23 PM

Contact HUD:Michigan

Contact them to see if they have grants available.

Jun 26, 2009, 04:24 PM
    Home Repairs: Michigan

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

She wants the house - I want the money [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, first time poster. I'm going through a divorce right now (Married 5 years). We have a house that we bought while married. She supplied a nice down payment for it initially. I have been making more money over the last couple years, so I have been making most of the payments. There are...

House donated to disabled woman [ 2 Answers ]

As a couple, purchased a home , using my money and ex's credit, before he left me , he donated me the home, registered at clerk of court as donated to me.. many questions now... Want to go to hope.org or finance company to reduce payments, on social security. Will the finance company allow this...

With this woman running the House, do you really want a Dem in the White House? [ 9 Answers ]

This woman is frightening. She quotes... ' We need to work toward the goal of equalizing income, (didn't Marx say something like this), in our country and at the same time limiting the amount the rich can invest.' ( I am not rich, are you?) When asked how these new tax dollars would be...

Who gets money for house [ 5 Answers ]

We married and bought a house in her name. I have no credit. Been together 11 years, married 7 of them. Bought house right after marriage. Were divorcing. Do I get 1/2 the money on the sale of the house? I live in massachusettes.

View more questions Search