Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Homer2 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2006, 06:08 AM
    92 Civic timing marks
    Hi all.
    First time here. Looks like a great place.
    Here's my problem, I got this Honda given to me. First time for a Honda. Engine does run but has a loud knocking at idle that sounds like a rod knocking. I pulled the plug wires off one at a time and all but one made a big difference. I want to check the timing to make sure the belt hasn't jumped. But like I said, first time with a Honda so I don't know where to look for the timing marks. It is a 92 with a 1.5. The engine family is NHN1.5V5FLF8. Whatever that means. Any way. Where are the marks?
    Thanks for any help.
    Homer2
    Homer2 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2006, 10:22 AM
    Thanks for all the replies.
    Found the answer on anoter site.

Homer:rolleyes:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Carpet marks [ 1 Answers ]

Can some tell me how to get rid of carpet lines left by heavy furniture? I moved stuff around, but I have these marks that do not look good. Any help would be appreciated

Timing belt on a Civic 91 - beat this! [ 4 Answers ]

I just found out my Dad nor my brother ever changed a timing belt on my Honda Civic 91 DX (well, I call it "my honda", but I just got it from my brother about 2 weeks ago), and right now the car has a bit over 145k miles on it! I'm afraid to start the car now. By the way, how much do you guys...

Civic timing belt [ 2 Answers ]

I'm a student with no cash. I've got a 90 Civic Si with 188,000 miles and I know the timing belt needs to be replaced but I can't afford it. Does any one know if this model is interference type or a freewheeling type, or how I can find out. I'm not that worried about getting stranded if it...

View more questions Search