Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    20anonymous08 Posts: 74, Reputation: 4

Jun 25, 2009, 09:07 AM
    Cell Phone Theft
    Just have a question... if your cell phone is stolen and you report it to the police and the cellular phone company what else it done. Do they lock the ESN so no one else can use it? I am just curious I luckily never had a phone stolen but I was just wondering. I'd just like to know if there is another step to take bcause it would be nice 2 know that if someone steals it they couldn't use it. Also is there a chance it could be recovered or do they just file away the report?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 25, 2009, 09:40 AM

Police departments do not spend much time or resources on a phone theft. The cell company will deactivate the account but the theft will likely be able to make a few quick calls, depends on when you report it.
    20anonymous08 Posts: 74, Reputation: 4

Jun 25, 2009, 10:27 AM

Okay thank you. But will they be able to activate the phone and use it themselves?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 25, 2009, 02:27 PM

Not if you have reported it stolen, the carrier will deactivate it. If you don't report it stolen they may be able to use it unless you have a password or code protection as part of your startup.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I transfer my cell phone contact list from phone to computer? [ 6 Answers ]

Can I transfer my cell phone contact list from my cell phone onto my computer? I have a LG AX8600 cell phone. What type cord will I need to use for my computer and cell phone?

Blocked Phone number calling wireless cell phone [ 4 Answers ]

Hello my name is Jessica. Is there anyway anyone can help me figure out a blocked number that is calling my cell phone? If there is anyway to find out who the blokced number is that is really calling me.

Which is the best cell phone and cell phone plan in Verizon? [ 5 Answers ]

Which is the best cell phone and cell phone plan in Verizon?My contract is about to end.I want to switch to Verizon.So any suggestions?

What's the best cell phone [ 2 Answers ]

I have a cell phone but I don't use it that much to justify the phone bill. I am looking to buy a pay as you go phone. Is their anyone out there who can give me some advice on purchasing one?

Cell Phone [ 1 Answers ]

If I have a private number for my cell phone can anybody find out my number from their phone bill?

View more questions Search