Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bluesky7777 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2009, 03:38 AM
    Deadbeat father signs over property rights to avoid having a child support lien
    Hello, the father of my children (2) has not paid anything in over two years in owes almost $12,000 for a 4 and a 6 year old, at $170 per month per child. About just over two years ago, his mother died and left him and his brother and sister so much money through a checking accounty child support put a judgment against it and the judge approve, I recvd about$2,500. About half of what was owed to me, then a few months later after the judgment was put into place but not met, he and his brother and sister all inherit a small house worth maybe $100,000.00, he signed over his portion for a mere $2,000.00 so child support could not put a lien against it. The house is going on the market in the next few months, is there anything I can do? Thanks, theresa
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jun 25, 2009, 03:43 AM

Go back to court to reenforce his support order and tell the Judge he should be receiving a large sum of money.
    He most likely will try and keep his name off all money but if the court is aware then they may be able to intervene somehow.
    stinawords Posts: 2,071, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2009, 08:20 AM

If he signed over his share of the house to his sibblings then he is not entitled to any money when the house is sold. The brother and sister will split the money. While they might give him some you can't have a lien on property that dosen't belong to him.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jun 25, 2009, 12:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesky7777 View Post
    hello, the father of my children (2) has not paid anything in over two years in owes almost $12,000 for a 4 and a 6 year old, at $170 per month per child. about jsut over two years ago, his mother died and left him and his brother and sister so much money through a checking accounty child support put a judgment against it and the judge approve, i recvd about$2,500. about half of what was owed to me, then a few months later after the judgment was put into place but not met, he and his brother and sister all inherit a small house worth maybe $100,000.00, he signed over his portion for a mere $2,000.00 so child support could not put a lien against it. the house is going on the market in the next few months, is there anything i can do?? thanks, theresa
    First off are you going at this alone for collections or is this through a child support agency ? Is your ex currently working ? Also Im having trouble understanding the $12,000 because 2 years of not paying totals $8,160. And that's not deducting the money you did already receive. How do you know or are aware of the value of the house ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Father to give up rights to avoid child support [ 11 Answers ]

My ex-husband works overseas by choice. He has decided that because he doesn't have much interaction with our 14-year-old son, he will file papers citing alienation and wants to cut ties and not pay child support anymore. He makes no attempt to call our son and a mild attempt at email. We have...

After 10 yrs of no child support, can the father of my son still have rights? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 14 yr old boy turning 15 in May. Myself and my son have not spoken to his father in 10 yrs. Out of 12 yrs. He was locked up for 10 yrs but we had already broken up a yr before he went to jail. I never went to court for child support or custody. 2 yrs ago, he got out of jail and wanted to...

Bio father rights/abandonment of child/child support? [ 6 Answers ]

I am 6 weeks pregnant and the father is my ex boyfriend. I reached out to him 3 different times to see how he felt about this and what his interest would be in terms of involvement with his child. He has been quite verbally hostile and told me to die and other choice things. What time frame...

If my daughters father signs over his parental rights will he still have to pay child [ 6 Answers ]

I had a daughter 2 weeks ago (nov. 21st) her father is denying her and saying that if she is his he is going to sign over all his parental rights.then I'm going to get stuck raising 2 kids with no child support I have heard many different stories about the child support situation... will he still...

View more questions Search