Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    13ecca Posts: 63, Reputation: 2

Jun 25, 2009, 03:31 AM
    Healthy Amount of Weigh to lose in 2 and a half months
    Hi all,
    I am 17 years old, 5 ft 10" (177cm) and I weigh 13st 10lbs (192lbs).
    I know I have to do something about my weight, so I plan to eat healthy and increase my exercise. The summer holidays have just arrived and I finish college in 3 days. We have 2 and a half months off until we go back, and I would like there to be a little bit of a difference before I go back.
    I was just wondering what a healthy weight loss was for that period is.
    Thanks
    Becca
    X
    Eileen G Posts: 1,571, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2009, 06:02 AM

It actually depends on what is your ideal weight. I'm also 5'10" and my ideal weight is 179lb. If yours is about the same, then a pound a week will be good. If you have more weight to lose, then you might manage 2lb a week. You'd normally only lose more than that if you are obese, and have several stone to lose.
    bluehazel23 Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2009, 11:22 PM

It is considered healthy by "book standard" to lose 1lb. Of weight over a 7 day period. So for two and a half months, it would be considered healthy to lose 10 and a half pounds.

Remember, it takes 3,500 calories to lose 1lb. Of weight. Meaning, if you cut out 3,500 calories from your diet over a week you will lose one pound. Or burn 3,500 calories over a 7-day period (but remember that just because you burn all those calories doesn't mean you are allowed to eat more, that would be counteractive!)
    Good-luck! ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I'm 17 and need to lose weight is a relatively healthy manner [ 7 Answers ]

I'm a seventeen year old girl with a medium bone structure. I am 5'6 and I weight 160 pounds. Most of my weight is fat, not muscle. I'm very weak. I can't do much as far as push ups and situps. However, I can jog for long ammounts of time. I eat around 2,000 calories everyday and drink water a lot....

How do I lose 80 pounds? I weigh 170? [ 9 Answers ]

I lost 15 pounds by restricting calories, and then I Couldn't lose anymore no matter what I did. So then I went on the atkins diet and lost another 15 pounds... but I'm tired of eating the same old food. At my weight I need about 80 grams of protein a day... I'm thinking of going back on the atkins...

How much should a doberman puppy weigh at 3 months old? [ 2 Answers ]

My wife and I just adopted a puppy from one of the local shelters. They say he is a Dobbie mix... He is approx. 14 weeks old and currently weights about 16 pounds. What is the average weight for Doberman pups at 14-16 weeks old? Also, any advice as to what I should be feeding him? Thanks, Jon

Need to lose weight in a healthy way [ 1 Answers ]

I am 23 years old with server back problems and not allowed to do a lot of exerices, I weight 237 when I am only 5'5 I know I am overweight and I hate it it bothers me I have tierd all kinds of diet pills and I want to lose the wieght but I want to lose some of it in a quickly time I don't want...

How to eat healthy and lose weight [ 3 Answers ]

I'm trying to lose weight and do it right. I want to know what kind of food will help me lose weight and get all the nutrition I need.

View more questions Search