Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brister501 Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2009, 01:15 AM
    Removal of Rubbish
    I know my question isn't exactly about home improvement as such but I couldn't find the right section to put it in. Rubbish has recently started to pile up next to my back gate in the ginnel. There are about 4 bin liners full of stuff and two boxes full of rubbish. Obviously these should have been thrown out in the black wheelie bins but someone has decided to put the rubbish outside my house instead. I have know idea who has put it there but I got angry the other day and moved it all from next to my gate to the other side of the ginnel and the next night the whole lot had been put back again so either someone thinks it is my rubbish or they have decided that this is the new dumping ground. None of the rubbish is mine as I put mine in the relevant wheelie bins and take them out when they are supposed to go out. I don't have a car so am not in a position to be able to take the rubbish to the tip. I don't want to start paying for it to be removed basically because that isn't fair on me and I can't afford to. I am a bit worried that rubbish outside my house will cause disease and rats etc plus am also worried about being charged if the council thinks it is my rubbish. I live in a rented house (through a letting agency). Has anybody had any previous experiences and can you please advise me of the best way to deal with it? I don't really know the neighbours so I don't feel happy about knocking on everyone's door to find out who has left it there. I have contacted the council but they won't remove it without a charge. I live in an end terraced. Thank you in advance:)
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 25, 2009, 02:08 AM

This garbage is obviously causing you constant distress and you don't know how to deal with it. I think from the sound of it you live in the UK so don't know how the garbage pick up and disposal would work there.

Sounds like someone is having you on and you should report this to the police and/or just pay the price to get rid of it, otherwise whoever is doing it, will keep on piling it up at your spot until you will definitely have vermin and god knows what visiting it for a feast.

There is a garbage strike in Toronto, Ontario, Canada and judging from the results of the last one, during tourist season and all, it will be a smelly disaster on all city streets.

Ms tickle

Jun 25, 2009, 02:46 AM
    :)
    Thanks for the reply I have considered paying for it to be removed but if I start doing this then more rubbish is going to get put there and I will then be paying out on a regular basis. One thing that is getting to me is that whoever isn't putting the rubbish there probably thinks it is me that is leaving it out and I could get reported for it. :confused:
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 25, 2009, 03:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by brister501 View Post
    :)
    Thanks for the reply I have considered paying for it to be removed but if I start doing this then more rubbish is going to get put there and I will then be paying out on a regular basis. One thing that is getting to me is that whoever isn't putting the rubbish there probably thinks it is me that is leaving it out and I could get reported for it. :confused:
    Then you will just have to keep a constant watch on that site to see who is doing it and confront them. You may lose some sleep, but as I see it, it is the only option brister50l.

Jun 25, 2009, 03:36 AM

Yep I suppose you have a point there thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hey the rubbish best friend who loves a gal [ 5 Answers ]

I feel kind of pathetic right now. You see I'm best friends with a gal I think I love. Ive known her for about 2 years. My best friend went out with this girl for almost a year maybe. Even though it started all lovy doovy at first it got madly horrid. They were doing bad and fighting and she broke...

My rubbish shed [ 2 Answers ]

Sorry to use the french word there, but I need help with an attached porch/shed to my garage. The roof is flat and leaking. It has been leaking for one year or more. So yes, the boards are getting water logged. I will either fix this thing (close to 2500.00) or else knock it down. If I knocked...

AHH puppy keeps eating rubbish in the garden! [ 2 Answers ]

My little lab puppy is 9 weeks old! I have had her nearly a week now! But she keeps on eating things in the garden when I take her out for 'tiddle'! She will eat stones, snails, leaves, flowers anything! How can I stop her doing this! :( She was sick earlier, most likely because of all the crap...

Vertical project rubbish or gold? [ 1 Answers ]

:cool: I say peace to all the hard ballerz in the house! Iwanna know if the verticalproject is 4real or not? Because it will be super crazy 2 dunk a huge load of bucks in the trash. Looking forward to your answers. Thanks.

How rubbish is christmas! [ 5 Answers ]

I split up with my ex around 5 weeks ago now (all my own doing) and I don't blame her for finishing with me. Wrote her a letter around 4 weeks ago telling her it was not what I wanted to do but I believed her when she said that she did not want anything to do with me anymore and I was going to move...

View more questions Search