Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dawn50620 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2009, 08:50 PM
    45min away relationship
    Hello,
    My boyfriend and I have been dating for 19 months. He lives 45 minutes away from me, therefore I only get to see him on the weekends and we talk a couple times a day on the phone everyday. This has been my first serious relationship in 2years because I am a single mom with 3 kids. He is my soul mate. I strongly believe he is the one for me. We are so much alike. I love him very much. He comes over on the weekends and I do everything to make him happy, cook his favorite dinners, wash his clothes and much much more. Okay anyway he lives with his friends which are a married couple. An anyway the couple parties a lot as in drinking. He has told me in the last six months that when the wife gets drunk she makes sexual passes at him and in the last week the wife's sister has been calling the husband asking what my boyfriend is doing. I have already voiced my opinoin about the situtation and that I am not happy with that situation at all. I can't stand those people. He told me not to get upset over the situation,that he can handle it and he would not ever do anythingwith them but I can't get it off my mind. I DO trust him 100%. But just knowing is driving me crazy and I feel like there is nothing I can do about it. My boyfriend is working on getting another car. Therefore he can move in with me,because right now he has a very expensive gashog and high maintence car. But for now what am I supposed to do to handle the situtation?? :confused::mad: Oh and they have been his friends for about 15yrs. And the husband has no clue about his wife hitting on my boyfriend. Its just one messed up situtation. Please help... Thanks in advance...
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2009, 11:28 PM

Be patient. I know, soooo much easier said than done. You say you trust him. So now you got to show it by just keeping your mouth shut about it. From what you said, he has no interest in either of the other women and he's making plans to move in with you (although I'm not really understanding why he needs a new car first..? ). These people have been his friends for 15 years. It wouldn't be in the best interest of your relationship with him to try to break it up right now. Once he moves out, just make sure that if he ever has to be around one of these other women, you get to be there too. And maybe it's just me, but if I'm telling my boyfriend about other guys, I'm definitely not up to anything with them, I have nothing to hide so I see no harm in talking about them. I would be more worried if he weren't telling you these things and you were finding out through picking up his phone and it being her or you seeing a text from her on accident, something not directly from him.
    taoplr Posts: 415, Reputation: 144

Jun 24, 2009, 11:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dawn50620 View Post
    Hello,
    .... This has been my first serious relationship in 2years b/c I am a single mom with 3 kids. He is my soul mate. I strongly believe he is the one for me. We are soo much alike. I love him very much. ..... when the wife gets drunk she makes sexual passes at him ... the wifes sister has been calling the husband asking what my boyfriend is doing. I have already voiced my opinoin about the situtation and that I am not happy with that situation at all. I can't stand those people. He told me not to get upset over the situation,that he can handle it and he would not ever do anythingwith them but I can't get it off my mind. I DO trust him 100%. But just knowing is driving me crazy and I feel like there is nothing I can do about it. My boyfriend is working on getting another car. Therefore he can move in with me,cuz right now he has a very expensive gashog and high maintence car. But for now what am I supposed to do to handle the situtation???:confused::mad: Oh and they have been his friends for about 15yrs. and the husband has no clue about his wife hitting on my boyfriend. Its just one messed up situtation. Please help.....Thanks in advance...
    I agree with curious. Chill out. He's already uncomfortable with the situation, and any pressure from you just makes it harder for him to manage it. He has been open with you, and is doing the right thing. Stand behind him; trust him; don't make him pay a price with you (trying to calm you down) for what these women are about. Let go of any tension you have about this and don't believe any stories your imagination conjures up. Make it a relief for him to come home to you.

Tao

To find a person who will love you for no reason,
    And to shower that person with reasons, that is
    The ultimate happiness. -Robert Brault (1938- )
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 26, 2009, 09:48 AM

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/adult-...ex-368362.html

This is yet another thing about him to deal with so don't get carried away and make a mountain out of a mole hill. There are more important issues to work through, before you move in together I think.
    riodemari Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2009, 10:04 AM
    I think you answered your own question you trust him 100% and you love him go for it girl I have a relationship from prison and I am sticking to my man because I love him he's 5 hours a way and our visits are limited good luck
    dawn50620 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2009, 10:15 PM

Thanks everything is taken care of now... :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Relationship problems in 2nd week of relationship [ 5 Answers ]

I'm hoping I can get some meaningful advice on my situation. If not, I really don't know what to do. The whole summer, a girl I work with had been trying to hook me up with this friend of hers who was interested in me. I saw a picture of her, and she was cute.. But everyone is cute, so if I...

New relationship [ 2 Answers ]

I have started to see a guy from work. He has been in previous relationships whereas I haven't. I'm totally clueless and find myself being a little tense. He keeps complimenting me all the time and says he isn't just saying it to appeal to me, but he genuinely means it. Other than thank you I don't...

After a 4 year relationship I got tired of my relationship and broke up! What to do? [ 2 Answers ]

I’m a gay guy (36 yo) and I dated for 4 years this BI guy(40 yo), at the beginning it was a bit hard for me, I’m very comfortable with being gay! Came out 8 years ago, any way, at the beginning of the relationship I had to pretend in front of his friends that we were just friends, some times after...

How can I tell if he wants a serious relationship? [ 6 Answers ]

So here's the deal... met this guy last year a few weeks before he got deployed to iraq. We went out a couple of times, then he was serving over there for about 7 months. Within this time, we wrote letters and kept in touch. He got back a couple of months ago, and we have been seeing each other on...

About my relationship [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: hello my name is Georgia. I wanted to know why is it me and my boyfriend keep on cussing and we use to live peacefully

View more questions Search