Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    XM8 Posts: 213, Reputation: 14

Jun 24, 2009, 04:41 PM
    Same old love story.
    Hi..

You probably get these questions all the time, but I'd appreciate some help anyway...

There's this girl at school who I think likes me but I'm not sure if she does. How can I tell if I'm in her "friend zone" and what can I do to avoid it?

She's been telling me a lot of personal stuff lately.. and we haven't known each other so long. We go to school together but only chat online.. so I'm thinking does this mean she takes me for just another good friend?

Thanks,

-Xm8
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 24, 2009, 05:13 PM

Ask her.
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2009, 05:15 PM

Only one way to find out, as Tal said, ask her.

Jun 24, 2009, 06:02 PM

Ask her? Wouldn't that be a bit awkward? Wouldn't that risk our friendship as well?

Besides, I've never even talked to her in real life... just on msn (enen though we've had long and deep conversations).
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jun 24, 2009, 06:06 PM

Then ask her on MSN.
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2009, 06:06 PM

do you like her? If you like her, wouldn't you want to know how she feels? How long do you want to go on wondering. Maybe it would risk your friendships, sometimes in life, you got to take risks! =)

Jun 24, 2009, 06:11 PM

Well I guess you're right, what have I got to lose anyway? Never was much of a success with girls anyway.

I have a question though... Don't girls like guys who have things in common with them? Cus me and this girl have a lot of things in common...

I also told her I might get my new record played on the biggest radio station in the country and she's all like "oh yea, that's amazing, i'm so proud of you bla bla bla" is that a bonus?

Thanks
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2009, 06:15 PM

It could be a bonus. Kind of hard to tell because any of your friends would probably be proud of you, you know? It is nice to have things in common. How old are the two of you anyway? Are you old enough to drive? You could ask her out to dinner

Jun 24, 2009, 06:18 PM

Yea I was thinking anyone would say that... well I'm 17 real soon and she's 15. And nope I don't have a license.

Already tried asking her over to my place but she's on holiday then.. I left her a message asking her if she wants a drink, so I'll just have to see.

Come to think of it, what is it exactly that I'm supposed to ask her?

"Hey, how's it going - oh btw, do you love me?" lol.

Can someone please elaborate on that?

Thanks
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2009, 06:22 PM

How about "hey! would you like to go on a date sometime?" that way she won't be so put on the spot, but since you're requesting a date she'll know that you're interested and her answer will hopefully indicate whether she is interested in you.

Jun 24, 2009, 06:24 PM

All right well I'll try... hopefully it works

Thanks

There isn't anything else I should be worried about though, right?
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2009, 06:31 PM

What should you be worried about? Worst case scenario is she says no, which isn't all that bad because then you won't have to wonder. Guesswork can be stressful. Lol

Jun 24, 2009, 06:34 PM

Well.. if she says no it would pretty much suck because she's a girl that's not easy to find, unique in many ways... I can't explain it, but you probably understand.

And yea, I know - "there's plenty more fish in the sea" - well unfortunately I'm no fisherman.

Thanks ;-)
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2009, 06:36 PM

lol. You'll be fine. Keep us posted. =)

Jun 24, 2009, 06:36 PM

OK, thanks for the help - will do :)
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2009, 08:39 AM
    I think I have been confused there is a girl that you like from school.
    Yet you only talk to her through MSN?
    She is now your good friend and you like her?
    She is two years your minor?

Personally I think that if you like somebody and want to invest in a relationship with someone, there has to be face to face contact, before that decision can be made.
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2009, 08:42 AM

Here is the key to approaching women:

You walk up to them, confident, and sure of yourself. Talk to them, BS with them and ask them out... BUT, make sure the answer they give has ZERO consequence on your feelings... in other words, you need to make sure you don't care either way if they do or don't want to go out with you...

99% of the time, it works all the time! If you like someone, go for it, and if they say no, SO WHAT! There are more women out there, believe that.

I am dead serious about this approach too! This is advice I wish I had at your age.
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2009, 08:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kctiger View Post
    Here is the key to approaching women:

You walk up to them, confident, and sure of yourself. Talk to them, BS with them and ask them out...BUT, make sure the answer they give has ZERO consequence on your feelings...in other words, you need to make sure you don't care either way if they do or don't want to go out with you...

99% of the time, it works all the time!
    I wish I could rep you, but you have this down well.

There is a thrill to the chase of a guy who isn't swooning for you, who gives attention but just enough for the female to wonder. Creates a challenge and intrigue.
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2009, 08:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kctiger View Post
    99% of the time, it works all the time! If you like someone, go for it, and if they so no, SO WHAT! There are more women out there, believe that.
    Sex Panther. They've done studies. 60% of the time it works every time.

Edit: this is just a quote from a movie. This is not intended to be taken seriously
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jun 25, 2009, 08:53 AM

I think we need to remember we are talking to a teen (17) about a 15 year old girl.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Love story [ 1 Answers ]

A couple years ago I saw a movie on fox or something It started and the guy was not paying much attention to his girlfriend and focused mainly on work He walked outside and something would happen like his watch would stop working At the end of the day the girl got into a taxi and died in a car...

A complicated love story [ 3 Answers ]

OK so... there is this girl called Y who met this guy X over bebo. So X starts to fall in love with Y but Y doesn't really love him back. Y however loves Z and Z doesn't even know Y existsed... X has 2 girls chasing him... A and B. Y one day decides she will PRETEND to like X. Some confusion...

A Love Story [ 6 Answers ]

I shall seek and find you... I shall take you to bed and have my way with you... I will make you ache, shake and sweat until you moan and groan. I will make you beg for mercy... beg for me to stop. I will exhaust you to the point that you will be relieved

Two Toads - A Love Story [ 5 Answers ]

A tree toad loved a she-toad who lived up in a tree. He was a two-toed tree toad, but a three-toed tree toad was she. The two-toed tree toad tried to win the three-toed she-toad's heart, For the two-toed tree toad loved the

A story between Love and Pain [ 5 Answers ]

Here is my story. Is a little long, cause its about 2 years story. I meet this girl about 2 years ago (we are adult, I am 27 and she is 26). In that time, she was with someone else in a 4 years relationship which was already dead from from 1 year. I mean there was no more relationship between...

View more questions Search