Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mythreegirls Posts: 10, Reputation: -6

Jun 24, 2009, 02:33 PM
    Blue vein under baby's eye
    Will this go away? My baby girl was born with a prominent vein under her left eye. She's 6 months old now and it hasn't gone away.

Does anyone know what caused this? Was it my horribly stressful pregnancy and high blood pressure?

I'm hoping her skin will thicken and it will not be so noticeable in a couple years. Right now it looks pretty bad, like she's got a black eye. Dr. isn't worried about it, but really doesn't have any answers for me.

Will it fade in time? What caused it?
    scharine1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2009, 07:24 PM
    I have no idea what caused it, but don't be too worried! Your daughter can have laser treatment if it bothers her when she is older.
    littleboo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2010, 03:46 PM
    My baby is 7 months and has a prominent vein under her left eye too, it seems worse when she's tired , I hate it people always asking if she's had a bump, health vivitor isn't worried but won't tell me if it will fade either :(
    agoltib Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2010, 11:55 AM
    I have the same thing, and I'm 40. For the past three years, I have this vein under the left side of my eye. It looked really strange because it's only on the left side, kind of like a half circle. I went to a "Chinese" guy that fixes bones and alignments and he told me the cause. It has to do with when I'm talking on the phone and leaning my head towards one side. I didn't really believed him at first, but when he got rid of half of the circle, I became a believer. Except, he wasn't able to make it all go away.

With that said, I'm not saying your baby talks on the phone (LOL), but it could be a simple pull and the muscle is pressing on the nerve (somewhere around her head and neck). I've tried many other alterntive care, but so far, no one can get rid of the rest.

I hope this helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does anyone know what caused this? Prominent vein under baby's eye. [ 5 Answers ]

My baby was born with a visible vein under her left eye. It makes her look like she has a perpetual black eye. She's 6 months old know and it hasn't gone away. Could it be from the high blood pressure I had during my pregnancy? I had preeclampsia and had to have an emergency c-section due...

Blue tablet put in tank of toilet, but no blue in the bowl [ 7 Answers ]

When a use a blue Vanish tablet in the tank of my toilet the water will not stay blue in the bowl. (No blue at all after flushing in one toilet, and only very light blue in another) I think this is because of the small tube that flows into the overflow tube goes directly into the bowl as clean, not...

Vein so appearent [ 21 Answers ]

Hi, why veins become so visible especially on the hands when I work out a lot and now they are kind of just there all the time I think my hands look old and manly which I do not like I want them to be soft feminine , how to reverse this and is there any cosmetic surgery to help with that like...

Vein under only one eye [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I'm 17 currently, and I have always grown up with minor bags under my eyes. They have not been a really big deal, since I use a damp/cold cloth in the morning to reduce swelling. But, in the past year or so, an unsightly vein has appeared under my left eye. I use the cloth every morning to get...

View more questions Search