Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SandraDee Posts: 53, Reputation: 6

Jun 24, 2009, 07:11 AM
    Does a potential new job have to call my current one?
    I am unhappy at my current job and I think I want to start looking into another firm or even a different field altogether. My question is, if I fill out applications or go on interviews and specify that I am still working at my latest job, will they call and confirm employment or ask questions. Because of the current economic situation, I don't want to risk my boss getting mad and firing me because I'm looking elsewhere. I am also afraid that if I ask a potential new employer not to call outright, they may think I'm lying or hiding something. They may even use it as a negative when considering me. I feel trapped.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 24, 2009, 07:27 AM

Hello s:

You can ask them to only call after they've made an offer and you've accepted it. The offer should be contingent on your references.

Any employer worth working for will adhere to your request.

excon
    SandraDee Posts: 53, Reputation: 6

Jun 24, 2009, 09:22 AM

Thanks, that makes sense.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Difference between current assets and current liabilites [ 4 Answers ]

This homework problem is killing me. I've been at it for days and it's due at midnight tonight... 2 1/2 hours. I need to find the difference between the current assets and current liabilities. Then, I need to find the total assets and net income or loss. GRRRR> Please help! Here's the info...

Current transformer - short time withstand current [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, For ring-type (window-type) CT, do we need to size the CT short time withstand current at the same or above the system short time withstand current (short circuit level)? Any reference/technical explanation? Thanks!

Current asset and current liabilities in cash flow [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I need to know, how can current assets and current liabilities balances can be used in preparation of a cash flow statement. Help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Can Current Tenant Get Current Special Move-In Rates? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi Guys: My mother is living in apartments in Kissimme, Florida since September 2008 and the complex now has an offer for a 2/2 for $625.00 for a year's lease. My mother's payment is at least $100.00 above. Does she have any legal stand to try and get the lower price? She has asked me and I...

Can potential employer find out about disability and current/past job? [ 1 Answers ]

I worked for a company from 9/07-12/07 then went on disability. I am still employed there, however, do not plan on going back due to my disability and since have moved away. I am still disabled, but need to find another job ASAP as my disability ran out. My question is: I want to apply for a...

View more questions Search