Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    telebc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2009, 07:47 PM
    I have been spotting almost all month. Why?
    I have been on birth control for the last three years, and have religiously kept routine. The birth control has helped regulate all my periods, and I haven't had any problems. Just this last cycle, my period last not even a whole day. I was a little surprised seeing how it is usually about 5 days, but didn't bother looking further into the sitation. About a week later, I started spotting dark brown blood. I thought it might be normal since my period was so short, but it is a week from my next cycle and I am still spotting. What could be causing this situation?? :confused:
    Xrayman Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 193
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2009, 08:27 PM

Okay, the most obvious is the pill you are using-it may no longer be suitable-this happens reasonably often, though most women are unaware of this.

See your Gyno.

The next most likely problem is a uterine or cervical polyp, these are largely benign, but may develop into more serious issues. Go see your Gyno and mention this-he/she will send (should) send you for a TV trans vaginal uterine ultrasound. If they don't,then ask WHY as this is a reasonably common symptom of polyps

Read this:Endometrial polyp - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Cheers,

Xrayman

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Brown spotting two month in a row. [ 4 Answers ]

I am 23 yearsold, and have been on my birth control for over a year now. Last month my period was normal. Then I had some light brown spotting only when I cleaned myself after using the bathroom. I went to the Dr. for my yearly exam, and told her about the spotting. She told me it was normal and...

Landlord Requiring 2 month Vacating Notice on 3 month (month to month) lease [ 21 Answers ]

I am in a situation and am in need of some advice. I am currently renting an apartment in Minneapolis. I am doing an internship which only requires me to live here for 3 Months. I signed a lease with a complex on a month to month basis. I planned to Move out at the end of April, so on march 1 I...

Upstate NY Month to Month lease termination- Prorated rent after 1st of next month? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, As a month to month renter in Rochester, NY (outside the city) with no lease, I gave notice on June 3 that I would be moving out on July 1. My landlord proceeded to tell me that I would be responsible for the ENTIRE month of July's rent, even though my 30 day notice would take me to the...

I've been spotting off in on for a month. [ 1 Answers ]

I normally don't have a regular period, but I've had one every month for about 5 months strait, My last period was Jan.11 it is now April 5, I have spotted a little after sex three times in march and once just yesterday, A lot of back pain, no cramps but no period still, I took a pregnancy test...

View more questions Search