Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    peeinacan95 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2009, 07:46 PM
    Snake farted?
    :D:D:D okay okay so my boyfriend was on the computer right next to the snakes tank when all of a sudden he calls me over because one of the snakes is making a weird noise as if it was coughing and I walk up to the tank you know all concerned when a loud Shart comes out of that snake!! We almost died laughing!! Is it normal?? I don't know it sounded loud for a year old python, kind of sounded like it could had came out of a big man!! I need to know if its OK for a snake to fart, I know its natural but I have never in my life seen or heard anything like that!! :D:D:D
    Ladyviper Posts: 221, Reputation: 36

Jun 23, 2009, 08:17 PM

It is common, and from what I have read it is sometimes a defense mechanism. Also, people have reported it after a large feeding, maybe he ate too much??

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Snake in the yard [ 2 Answers ]

I found a snake in my yard in Maine, it is white with black diamond patterns on it's back, what type of snake is it? :confused:

What kind of snake is this? [ 1 Answers ]

This snake was in my house, looked it up not sure what it is. Brother said it was a rat snake thinking that it is... It was striking when we walked near it and shaking its tail to imitate a rattle. (it has dog hair on its head sorry lol) ...

Snake breeding [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I don't know if this is the right topic but I was wondering if any one could tell me how to breed my great plains rat snake and my corn snake?

Where do I run the snake? [ 1 Answers ]

Garbage disposal&kitchen sink drain go to basement, directly below is my laundry room. P-connection from washer to same drain pipe. When I run my washer, water is coming back out of the overflow drain to floor drain. I pulled grill off floor drain, there is mucky water in this floor drain,...

Pet snake [ 5 Answers ]

A friend of mine that I will be moving in with soon is insisting upon owning a carpet python. I understand that this is a battle that I cannot win. My only request is that she feed it something not rodent. What can I do? Frustrated, blusia

View more questions Search