Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    norma10 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2009, 05:11 PM
    Civil rights
    If someone attends an arraignment, does not go before the judge, is not read charges, does not get to enter a plea and is just labeled as guilty, is it a violation of rights?
    chriswise1 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2009, 07:48 PM

It is. You have the right to Due process. That is the principle that the government must respect all of the legal rights that are owed to a person according to the law of the land. As developed through a large body of case law in the United States, this principle gives individuals a varying ability to enforce their rights against alleged violations by governments and their agents (that is, state actors), but normally not against other private citizens.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Civil rights? [ 4 Answers ]

Barack Obama administration seeks to change police questioning law The Obama administration is urging the US Supreme Court to overturn a landmark decision that stops police from questioning suspects unless they have a lawyer present. Wow, if Bush had done this it would have been the lead...

Civil rights & HUD housing [ 2 Answers ]

I had a Class C Felony non-violent drug charge .I live in Missouri I have resently completed my parole sentence.Do I get all my civil rights back or just the right to vote?and can I get help from HUD housing being an ex-con?

Civil rights singapore [ 1 Answers ]

Any information on civil rights in singapore,current or in the past, Thank you

Civil rights singapore [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone give me information on civil rights in singapore,as I am doing an essay on it. I need more on their rights to vote etc. Thank you

View more questions Search