Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ljswafford Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2009, 03:57 PM
    Sewage smell in baths
    There is a sewage smell in all the bathrooms and sometimes in the kitchen. What causes this? This is especially bad when the weather is hot.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 23, 2009, 04:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ljswafford View Post
    there is a sewage smell in all the bathrooms and sometimes in the kitchen. what causes this? this is especially bad when the weather is hot.
    The first place I would check would be the attic. Any open vents up there? Is the smell worse? Next I would sniff around the base of the toilet bowls and the tub/shower drains. Let me know, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sewage smell [ 4 Answers ]

I cannot source the cause of very unpleasant sewage or stale water smells in upper and lower rooms of my house. All drains are clear as is the internal waste plumbing.

Sewage smell [ 6 Answers ]

I have a large sewage ejector pump in the basement. The sewage from the house collects in the large sump pit and gets pumped out into the sewer system. There is always some dirty water at the bottom and it has sewage in it. I would like to get rid of the odor. What can I do. Thank you for any help

Sewage smell [ 1 Answers ]

I have a one year old home which this past summer, I was getting a sewage smell. At first is was only happening on a windy day. I'm on septic system, my floor drains in basement are always full with water. I was getting the smell in my sons room through the return air grill.. After I figured...

View more questions Search