Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nesher Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2006, 05:41 PM
    Low water pressure
    I had a good water pressure in my sprinkler system until rcently.
    Nowi have low water pressure in all of the 3 zones I cheked for leak but the meter show
    There is non any suggestion? Thank you :)
    PalmMP3 Posts: 321, Reputation: 28

Oct 12, 2006, 07:40 PM
    Is your sprinkler system connected to your house's water supply, or does it have its own well and pump?

Oct 13, 2006, 02:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmMP3
    Is your sprinkler system connected to your house's water supply, or does it have its own well and pump?
    The sprinkler system is coccected to the hose before the regulator.
    And also the high pressure hose bibe has low pressure .
    Incedently a week before that I have installed a new water heater the same capacity like the old one.:confused:
    dmkegs Posts: 23, Reputation: 3

Oct 14, 2006, 02:11 PM
    Be sure that if you used your main shut off valve when installing your tank that it is open all the way.

Oct 15, 2006, 01:57 PM
    Hi!

Thank you for the response.

The main shout off valve is on all the way.

I have checked the neighbor hose bib for pressure and he had good pressure.

Is it possible the city valve (meter) is no good?

Nathan :confused:
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 15, 2006, 02:39 PM
    Hi Nathan,

How's the house pressure? Is it down also or just your sprinkler system? Let me know. I may just have a idea what's happened. Tom

Oct 15, 2006, 03:28 PM
    HI!!

The house water pressure is low.and regardig the sprinkler system it was higher pressure than now.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 15, 2006, 03:58 PM
    Well that eliminates the PRV.(Pressure Regulator Valve) Call the water department and ask for a pressure test before and after the meter. This might not be your problem at all. Regards, Tom

Oct 15, 2006, 04:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by speedball1
    Well that eliminates the PRV.(Pressure Regulator Valve) Call the water department and ask for a pressure test before and after the meter. This might not be your problem at all. Regards, Tom
    I'll call the water department first think Monday morning,
    And thank you for helping.:)
    PalmMP3 Posts: 321, Reputation: 28

Oct 15, 2006, 09:15 PM
    No problem, Eagle. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Low water pressure [ 6 Answers ]

I just installed a new 80 gal electric water heater and ever since I have low water pressure. Especially if I flush the toilet, then both hot and cold pressure will drop ( I saw a mixing valve for the toilet which may explain that). I have heard the plastic heat traps in the hot water heater's...

Low Water Pressure [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 3 story row house. The water pressure in my kitchen sink is very low, however the pressure is fine in the rest of the house. Any ideas on what my problem may be. Thx.

Low water pressure [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, I am having some issues with the water pressure in my house. It has been getting progressively worse over the past few weeks. When you turn the water on, it trickles out for a few minutes, then evenutally comes back up to speed, but sometimes, the water will comepletely stop running for about...

Low water pressure with well? [ 6 Answers ]

I had a company install a new well in 02, the old the pipe broke ouside and he dug a new one near the old one, the guy put in a 230v pump(newell SP) hsp 1/3 lower than previous he said it wasn't necessary and he also put in a smaller tank, standard installation, he said I had overkill. When he...

Low water pressure in an area known for high pressure [ 3 Answers ]

Greetings, My wife and I are in the process of updating 1957 side by side split level. The previous owner (OK, my Mom as I bought the house I grew up in from her) said that when they moved in they had to install a pressure reducer into the line. I have searched high and low but, I can't see...

View more questions Search