Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tommyboy123 Posts: 30, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2009, 09:37 AM

Yea but I think she is going away to college, so it would be down the drain anyway :(
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Jul 13, 2009, 09:45 AM

Simple. She has a boyfriend so she's off limits.

The reason she's talking to you so much is because she sees you as a really good friend. So she's very comfortable with you.

Furthermore, if you say her boyfriend doesn't treat her right, but she's still staying with him, it means there's more to the story than you think. She obviously sees something else in him that you don't, which is keeping her in the relationship.

Stick to being friends with her if you can handle it. She's so comfortable with the friendship. If she finds out that you like her, she might not talk to you as much anymore, for the fear that she might lead you on.

Jul 13, 2009, 10:44 AM
    OK
    Katt1997 Posts: 23, Reputation: 2

Jul 13, 2009, 11:50 AM

Many girls who have a boyfriend like another boy (though not all of the time). She might not tell you if she likes you because her boyfriend might find out and be mad. I think that's a sign that she likes you. Next time you're with her, take things to the next level by asking her questions and stuff like that to find out more clues to if she likes you! Hope this helps!
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Jul 13, 2009, 11:51 AM
    Not a good idea to encourage someone to enable a cheating situation! :rolleyes:
    jmooney527 Posts: 200, Reputation: 83

Jul 13, 2009, 11:56 AM
    She has a boyfriend already. She told you she likes him. Respect her and don't mess with it.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 13, 2009, 01:54 PM

She has a boyfriend though that she been going out with for about 1 year but she never really hangs out with him and he treats her like crap sometimes
    She has a boyfriend, and your just one of her hang out buddies. What, do you expect her to cheat on her b/f, behind his back?

Jul 13, 2009, 02:02 PM
    I Really Don't Know What To Do?
    Threads merged

I was just trying to get some advice from some people on these forums. This may sound stupid, funny, etc, but its really bothering me so I thought the best way to get it out of my system would be to let it all out on here and get some advice from you guys. I met this girl about 8 months ago, and we became really good friends. My one other good friend is really good friends with her as well and me and him hang out with her all the time. Just so you guys know she does have a boyfriend. I know that you guys will say that since she has a boyfriend then don't try to do anything to screw up their relationship, which is perfectly fine, and I would never do anything to screw it up since she is a really good friend of mine. Although she has a boyfriend she hangs out with us more then her boyfriend. Also her boyfriend will sometimes pick his friends over her and sometimes he may treat her like sh**. Every time my friend, me and her hang out, she has a really good time, and she laughs at a lot of things that I say. I just don't know if she likes me or not?? She also texts me everyday and we have long conversations. When all 3 of us hang out she usually laughs at whatever I say and won't really laugh at whatever he says. I don't know if this is a sign or not that she likes me? She also tells me a lot of stuff about her relationship with her boyfriend and if she ever has a problem with it she comes to me and asks me for advice. I'm come to the conclusion that my feelings for this girl are becoming very strong, but I feel like I can't do anything about it. She will be going away to college very soon, and I won't see her as much as I do now. She may like me and I just don't know it, or she just trusts me as a really good friend and has a good time when she is around me. I really don't know, but its really getting me upset, and sometimes even depressed. Do you guys have any advice of what may be going on, or what I can do to get her off my mind. Thanks again.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 13, 2009, 02:53 PM

Right now it is probably best that you just be the best friend you can be and let her know that if she ever needs to talk about anything that you are there for her.
    Right now she is probably okay with where things are in the relationship and you saying anything about liking her more may just confuse her.
    She has to in her own time decide if she wants to leave her boyfriend and then you can be there to pick up the pieces. If you say anything now it could make her feel like you are putting her in an awkward position.
    Chey5782 Posts: 423, Reputation: 65

Jul 13, 2009, 03:03 PM
    I agree.

Never ever start something off on a potential bad foot. Wait until she is free to act on it. I can see you are expressing a lot of valid reasons for a crush here, but the boyfriend invalidates them. Unless she comes to you and expresses these feelings, I would suggest doing nothing about them, it takes a strong and moral person so suffer in silence because it is better for the other person. She will figure out that he may not be best for her in her own time. But don't make your waiting around for her to be free become a reason you are her friend. I've never seen that work out.

Leave it alone. Two wrongs don't make a right. Take the left turn in Albuquerque! Be the guy who does it right for the girl he cares about, but if he does become single, take the time to express an interest in a way that makes her notice you. Otherwise you will be doomed to best friends status.
    Torrid13 Posts: 637, Reputation: 149

Jul 13, 2009, 04:02 PM

I would just leave it alone. She's in a relationship that probably not going to last very long when she goes to college, and then you'll never really see her anyway. Just continue being her friend for right now.

She's probably aware of the changes that will be happening in her life, so just give her some breathing room.

She's not available right now, anyway. If it goes sour, you'll be there, and in time you can tell her how you feel. But still, remember she's going to college and things will likely change. Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I made a mistake. And than so did he. [ 10 Answers ]

Ok, I have been with my boyfriend off and on for 4 years.. last July I got really drunk and blacked out.. and don't exactly know what happened.. I only remember bits and pieces of the night and what my friend told me.. my boyfriend was in Amsterdam at the time.. and I told him the very next day in...

I think I might of made a mistake. [ 5 Answers ]

OK I'm sorry for asking, because I'm sure people ask these questions all the time. And I wouldve scanned through to see if anyone had but honestly who does that. Moving on. OK so I have been dating my boyfriend for a couple of months now, but I've known him forever and plus we were in the...

I think I made a mistake [ 6 Answers ]

Hello -Sorry this might be kind of long- There's this guy that I met online that goes to my school and we became friends and we have a lot in common but he's really into studying like he doesn't think about relationships or anything like that... we met at school once because I had a quiz and he...

Made a mistake [ 1 Answers ]

She is going to turn 16 this January. But like I have said I have been dating her for almost 2 years now, and we are only 2 1/2 years apart in age.

I think I made a mistake [ 4 Answers ]

Been dating this girl recently who I was really into, but due to circumstances at the time which I won't go into the situation couldn't work so I called it a day, she wasn't too happy. Things have changed and I really would like to see this girl again I just don't know how to approach her, i.e. I...

View more questions Search