Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tommyboy123 Posts: 30, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2009, 02:48 PM
    I don't know if I made the wrong mistake
    So I met this girl about 2 years ago, and we were just really good friends. I talked to her everyday, I texted her and she would text me. My one really good friend that's a boy is really good friends with her as well, so were basically her two really good friends. She has a boyfriend though that she been going out with for about 1 year but she never really hangs out with him and he treats her like crap sometimes. She always wants to hang out with me and my friend, and she always has a lot of fun. I make her laugh a lot and we always have a good time. Yesterday we went out to dinner and we were in the back seat and I had to put my arm around her (nothing serious) because we were crammed in the car. It didn't seem like she minded it and she didn't say anything about it. When we got inside to eat she would stand by me and sit next to me, etc. After we were done, I did the same thing on the way home, I had my arm around her because we were crammed in the car. After we got back home she said goodbye to both me and my friend. I then got home and my friend told me that she was texting him and I/Ming him. Its not that I'm jealous but I was curious of what she was telling him. Was she telling him that she felt uncomfortable with my arm around her? was she mad? etc. When it comes to these situations I always feel self-conscious about myself. I'm a really nice kid and I didn't mean to make her feel uncomfortable in anyway. Sometimes I even think that she likes me?? Any advice on what to do, or on what she may have been talking about to my good friend?? I'm kind of worried.
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2009, 02:55 PM
    Why not ask either one of them and clear the air.
    They are your friends, that is what I would want my friend to do for me.
    Not to sit at home worried about it, but be comfortable enough to check with me if he had your kindof concerns.
    DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2009, 02:56 PM

Is there ever a right mistake?
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2009, 02:59 PM

Mmm I'm not sure what the problem is here... are you jealous? She isn't your girlfriend is she? Your all friends aren't you?

Jun 23, 2009, 03:01 PM

Yea were all good friends but some girls get mad and creeped out by weird things, so I don't know if that's the case?
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2009, 03:02 PM

I doubt it was something you did hon. She may just be that way. Give her time to calm down and she may go back to normal.
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2009, 03:05 PM

What they were texting or IMing about is really none of your business.

You didn't do anything wrong (from what you are telling us) so you shouldn't worry about it.
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2009, 03:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyboy123 View Post
    yea were all good friends but some girls get mad and creeped out by wierd things, so I don't know if thats the case?
    You can't spend your life worrying about offending people or creeping them out. What you did was harmless. If she is creeped out about it, SHE is the one with the issues... not you.

Jun 23, 2009, 03:07 PM
    Yea I don't think she's mad but I don't know. She doesn't get mad at little things like that usually, but who knows.
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2009, 03:10 PM

Tommy.. Im telling a piece of advice that can save you forever.. Live your life the way you want to live it and don't concern yourself wondering or worrying about if a girl is mad.

If she is mad, she will tell you. Maybe it will be your fault or maybe it will be her mixed up head. Either way, confront it and deal with it when it becomes apparent. One of the worst things that a girl wants to constantly hear is you always asking "are you mad?"

Jun 23, 2009, 03:19 PM
    Yea that's very true, just feels awkward because I've known her for so long and its bothering me
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2009, 03:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyboy123 View Post
    yea thats very true, just feels awkward because I've known her for so long and its bothering me
    Those are your own inadequacies making your feel that way. Do away with those feelings. They will bring you nothing but suffering.

Jun 23, 2009, 03:46 PM

Anyone else have advice or what is going on?
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2009, 03:51 PM

What kind of answers are you looking for? No one can tell you what they were talking about but them.

And I am telling you, you do not want to go asking them what they were talking about. 1) its none of your business and 2) you will come off as an over-insecure person. Both of these will potentially drive this girl away from you...

Ok, I won't chime in anymore. If you keep asking, I am sure someone will tell you what you want to hear.

Jun 23, 2009, 04:23 PM

I appreciate your answers but I was just wondering if anyone else had anything to say.
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2009, 04:24 PM

What kind of answer are you looking for?

Yes its ALL your fault. You're a screw up. Bow down and beg her for forgiveness...

Is that good?

I don't know what more we can tell you other than what we have.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 23, 2009, 06:44 PM
    This is a lot of worry over nothing. Yeah, your jealous of your friends, or just nosy. Leave it alone, and let it go.

Jul 13, 2009, 09:02 AM
    I don't know if this girl likes me
    Threads merged

. She hangs out with us more and has a really good time when hanging out with us. Most of all the funny things I say even if there not really that funny she laughs too. Is this a sign that she may like me? She also textes me almost everyday, and we usually have long conversations. The only thing that's getting me confused is that she has a boyfriend, and I don't know if she likes me. Any advice please!
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Jul 13, 2009, 09:15 AM

She has a boyfriend, so my advice is to back off. Whether she likes you doesn't matter, as she is taken.
    007bradz Posts: 22, Reputation: -2

Jul 13, 2009, 09:18 AM

Just wait, and continue as you are.
    Surely, you don't want to wreck what another couple has. Plus, you may only know the tip of the iceberg about their relationship.

If she does like you - something will happen.
    Unless you have a terminal illness waiting won't hurt.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I made a mistake. And than so did he. [ 10 Answers ]

Ok, I have been with my boyfriend off and on for 4 years.. last July I got really drunk and blacked out.. and don't exactly know what happened.. I only remember bits and pieces of the night and what my friend told me.. my boyfriend was in Amsterdam at the time.. and I told him the very next day in...

I think I might of made a mistake. [ 5 Answers ]

OK I'm sorry for asking, because I'm sure people ask these questions all the time. And I wouldve scanned through to see if anyone had but honestly who does that. Moving on. OK so I have been dating my boyfriend for a couple of months now, but I've known him forever and plus we were in the...

I think I made a mistake [ 6 Answers ]

Hello -Sorry this might be kind of long- There's this guy that I met online that goes to my school and we became friends and we have a lot in common but he's really into studying like he doesn't think about relationships or anything like that... we met at school once because I had a quiz and he...

Made a mistake [ 1 Answers ]

She is going to turn 16 this January. But like I have said I have been dating her for almost 2 years now, and we are only 2 1/2 years apart in age.

I think I made a mistake [ 4 Answers ]

Been dating this girl recently who I was really into, but due to circumstances at the time which I won't go into the situation couldn't work so I called it a day, she wasn't too happy. Things have changed and I really would like to see this girl again I just don't know how to approach her, i.e. I...

View more questions Search