Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    always_mmm Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2009, 01:40 PM
    Friend or Enemy?
    Long story will try to make short... Close Friends for almost 28 years, some years would pass with little to no contact for awhile, due to out of state moves.
    I had been told little lies (heard her tell BIG ones to others), nothing major I thought. GUESS I felt special, I was her longest friendship...
    She became interested in someone a few months ago, they had gone to school together years prior. They connected online through one of the friend finder things:confused:
    He had been married for a very long time and was going through a messy divorce, I think he felt lonely for female attention. So, knowing her was a plus even if they hadn't seen one another in over 30 years. Well to shorten this story... they exchanged photos hers were 15+ years old of herself. He was assured by her they were recent, taken within the year. She also told him some really HUGE HUGE lies about her life and lifestyle. He said he could have forgiven her, if they didn't just keep coming. Then her child posted a recent photo of her on the site they were exchanging info to one another on and he was in shock, felt sick... he had confronted her about the lies on her life, that he had also learned by mistake. He told her he couldn't trust her and wanted nothing more to do with her.
    She calls me begs me to contact him, let him know how much she cares for him (still have not met face to face) while doing this he begins to tell me things about myself. Some of what he said was true and others were out and out lies, regardless that was my personal information and it had been told to a complete stranger.
    He gave me his #, I called several weeks later, I had to hear the rest. I am in shock,TOO... how can someone do a friend of this many years this way? I was trying to help her and I find out this!! I also found out she was trying to get this man to marry her when she was telling me he was begging her. She says he says... he calls me all the time all hours, he's says just the opposite:rolleyes:
    My Question I Guess Is This... Should I let her know, that I know, she has lied all these times and I don't appreciate her putting my business out there to others, especially when she feels the need to add to it or just make something :mad: completely up! Should I continue communicating with this man, to see if I can find out more, how should this be handled? I am married and don't want to cause unnecessary problems at home.
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2009, 01:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by always_mmm View Post
    My Question I Guess Is This....Should I let her know, that I know, she has lied all these times and I don't appreciate her putting my business out there to others, especially when she feels the need to add to it or just make something :mad: completely up! Should I continue communicating with this man, to see if I can find out more, how should this be handled? I am married and don't want to cause unnecessary problems at home.
    This woman is toxic, a pathological liar. DO NOT contact her any more for ANY REASON. If you're feeling generous, warn the guy about who he's dealing with. Then have no further contact with either one of them.
    jolienoire Posts: 917, Reputation: 166

Jun 23, 2009, 02:08 PM

Run as fast as you can from this woman! A friend just don't do these things, disconnect yourself from her and him. The end.
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2009, 02:14 PM
    Compulsive liars are impossible to remain friends with.
    It is not surprising that you are her longest 'friendship' and it is more likely that you were more tolerable then most others.
    Get out of this situation quickly and quietly, if you can.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 23, 2009, 06:55 PM

Leave them both alone and avoid them at all costs. Why are you between these two nuts?
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jun 23, 2009, 07:01 PM

Don't invite drama into your life. Leave them both alone. They are invisible, yesterday!
    always_mmm Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2009, 07:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ordinaryguy View Post
    This woman is toxic, a pathological liar. DO NOT contact her any more for ANY REASON. If you're feeling generous, warn the guy about who he's dealing with. Then have no further contact with either one of them.
    I am so glad to know that the way I am feeling everyone has agreed with... stay away from both!! I will miss her, she has been a part of my life for years... but as I have heard, "With friends like that who needs enemies?" Feels like a huge weight has been lifted... Thanks To All
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2009, 07:41 PM

Stop communicating with this guy and call your friend on her bs. Lying is one thing but spreading things about you is another. This proves that she really isn't a friend but only a snake. After you speak your mind leave her alone.

Also, getting involved in someone else's lies and life only will bring drama to your door. And don't stoop to her level by telling this guy her life story because if he continues to talk to her then shame on him. He already knows she is a liar so he should stay away from her.

In the end, you don't need a friend like her. I thought a true friend would stab you while your looking not in your back.
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2009, 07:59 PM

There's always 2 sides to every story so it's quite possible he's telling lies as well.

Leave them both alone to sort their own cr*p out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Best Friend , My Worst Enemy. [ 6 Answers ]

Hi. You see. I have a Good friend ever since 3 years ago but over time I began to change my impression towards him , the way I treat him. Everything changed. I don't want to name him so I am calling him "J" for the moment. Back like 3 years ago, we used to be the best of buddies. We would often...

Dumped for your best friend or dumped for your best enemY? [ 10 Answers ]

Which is worse and why?:(

Friend or enemy? [ 1 Answers ]

This is about that chick I was talking about in my other post 'just like a ghost' I was once really good friends with this chick lets call her kim. Well kim was a really good friend last year in term 4 of school. But I think kim was only using me so she could use me as a human shield because she...

Best Friend Or Worst Enemy [ 1 Answers ]

one day after school this guy that my best friend likes text me asking me something we ended up getting in a conversation....so i asked him who he likes for my friend, even though i kind of liked him too but i never told her except for at the beginning of the year,he told me the only way i would...

View more questions Search