Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    superdaredork Posts: 13, Reputation: 0

Oct 12, 2006, 05:19 PM
    95' Honda Civic won't start. HELP!
    My 95' Honda Civic won't start. It didn't start about a week ago for a few days, then randomly started up again. I went to Wal-Mart and got my oil changed and filled it up with gas. I got my battery tested, and its fine.
    Then today my car won't start again. It is stranded at school, and I would like to get it out of the school parking lot soon. Please help.
    - Thanks -
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Oct 12, 2006, 05:29 PM
    I assume this is a "Crank but Won't Start" situation.

Turn the ignition switch to ON. Does the Check Engine Light (CEL) come on and then go off after 2 seconds? During this period, do you hear the fuel pump in the gas tank run? Is there a relay click sound when the CEL goes out? This is important diagnostic data, so answer each question specifically.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Oct 12, 2006, 07:37 PM
    If you want me to help diagnose your car's problem, you need to respond much faster. It takes active participation by both parties; otherwise, it doesn't work.
    LucyMcgoo Posts: 27, Reputation: 3

Oct 12, 2006, 10:13 PM
    Maybe your starter has a short if it starts sometimes but not all the time. It could just be a wire that isn't connecting to where it should in your starter. Have your starter checked out or just get a new one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

91 Honda Civic won't Start Or Turnover [ 33 Answers ]

I have had this car for about 6 years. Shortly after we got it (6 years ago) we drove to California from Utah. In Reno when we stopped for gas (had been driving for a long time in the heat with AC blasting and temp gauge was near red when we stopped) and then went to start the car. Nothing, no...

92 honda civic won't start PLEASE HELP [ 22 Answers ]

I live in LA and I have never had a problem. It has been raining non stop down pour for 17 days. Last night I went out and my car wouldn't start. It turns over but no fire. Battery seems fine. AAA came and got it started by adding fuel shaking it, I don't know what... He told me to keep it running,...

1990 Honda Civic won't Start [ 9 Answers ]

Hello, I am totally stumped with this, I have a 1990 Honda Civic with a 1989 Acura Integra Engine in it (Engine Swap), and it won't start. Nothing works, the lights, the radio, hazards, defogger absolutely nothing. Of course your thinking the battery is dead but I checked the battery and it...

84 Honda Civic won't Start? [ 3 Answers ]

I think the Battery terminals touched while I was fitting a new battery in & shorted out a fuse, but I can't find which 1 it blew, Can someone help me out here??

92 honda civic won't start [ 4 Answers ]

I was looking for a place I could find some answers to my problem... and I found this forum.. anyway.. My 92 honda civic has an interesting problem. At one point it would barely start.. thinking it was sparkplugs,wires,rotor.. I replaced them all.. seemed to work greatly.. lacking money at...

View more questions Search