Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chica470 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2009, 11:32 AM
    Difficulty paying Mortgate due to Divorce
    I have been trying to get help in to modify or refinance my loan due to divorce and not having enough funds to keep up with all expenses. Bank is not helping and now I'm behind 1 month, I was told that I need to be at least 3 months behind in order to qualify for a modification but at the same time I don't want to have bad credit. I have 2 mortgages at 10.25% and 7.25% with taxes and insurance not included. What can I do?
    jolienoire Posts: 917, Reputation: 166

Jun 23, 2009, 11:55 AM

Try contacting HUD HOPE for Homeowners - HUD
    yonggi Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2009, 04:01 PM

Try the site Home Loan Forum - LoanSafe.org. They are a free site dedicated to helping people retain their homes and while they don't do it for you, they give wonderful advice and examples of requests that worked. They even have contact name and email addresses for a lot of the mortgage companies and banks. I modified my loan with advice from them and did very well. Good luck!
    Dont treadonme Posts: 115, Reputation: -6

Aug 3, 2009, 09:33 AM

Not wanting to have bad credit is a pleasant notion... but not likely achievable

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Filing 4 divorce but reconcile then divorce @ a later time - dividing the property [ 18 Answers ]

I never heard of this before but my friend filed for divorce in 89 but reconciled a few months later. Flash forward 20 yrs & she decides to divorce him again. She went back for the kids & tried to make it work. However, when she went 4 this divorce she was told that they could divide the property...

Florida, rental property being foreclosed on, can mortgate co. Put a lien on my home [ 1 Answers ]

First question.. I live in Florida. I have a rental property which is going to be foreclosed on. IndyMac is the mortgage holder. Will Indy Mac put a lien on my home for the amount due to them after it sells? My home does have the homestead exemption. Second question.. I am not working and...

Mortgate interest: 2 single people but have a joint loan, how do we do this? [ 5 Answers ]

If we are two single people but hold a joint mortgage, can one person claim all of the interest so long as the other does not? If the other will not claim the interest do they have to even report they own a home jointly? Thanks!

View more questions Search