Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    binx44 Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 88
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2009, 10:51 AM
    I'm not a beginner but.
    I'm currently using the vista system with my brand new bought in April dell laptop.. inspiron 1545 I believe to be exact... everyone calls it the inspiron 15 and don't use the last two numbers... what I was wondering was what's all of your opinions on vista?

Also.. I have two buttons on my keyboard that are iffy... as in the number 1 is very stiff and requires almost .5 % more pressure to push compared to the other buttons and my enter button is funny too. Sometimes it won't work or if it does I have to hit it in a specific spot with a decent push behind it... I thought about pulling off the keys and taking a look but upon GENTLE pressure the key didn't pop off like my desktops keys do... would that be because it is brand new?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 23, 2009, 10:56 AM
    I like Vista, I really find it not more different than XP since I turn off much of the fluff I don't need anyway, especially that pesky User Account Control. I have almost the same laptop as you, I have a Studio 15. I don't have any of the keyboard issue though. Personnaly I would *not* pop up any keys, I'd contact Dell Support.
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2009, 11:05 AM

The last time I tried to contact dell support for something simple like a button sticking they tried to charge me 60 bucks... no thanks LOL... I'll just leave it for now and if it doesn't work I'll just take it in and get it looked at at the computer shop...

I like vista too so far. I've left the user account control on because sometimes my hubby uses the laptop and the poor man and technology do not agree with each other...
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 23, 2009, 11:07 AM
    Wise decision about UAC :)
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2009, 11:10 AM

Hehe your right there.. you should have seen the poor guy on our other computer.. every so often you'd hear.. OHHH NO HOW TO I DELETE This PROGRAM I Didn't MEAN TO CLICK ON AND INSTALL... then I hear.. Shellll,. sweetie... what did I doooo :(.
    Now I have to run virus checks every third day on that old computer.. mind you its not far above the old pentium threes' LMAO I don't know how that one still runs.. but at least its only used for printing off things..
    Mikeaul Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2009, 09:56 AM

I have the same computer. I am new to Vista, I did find a nice feature to it. Window Key + number key will launch a program from the quick launch toolbar. For example, WindowKey+3 will launch the 3rd program lsted. Reorder the toolbar for the brograms to launch the way you want them too.
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Sep 17, 2009, 11:53 PM

If your computer is new, it is under warranty. They shouldn't be charging you to solve a problem for something under warranty. That's bull. I've never had a laptop so I don't know if it's normal for new keys to stick like that -- if not, then I would keep calling them and bugging them, until you get someone who is willing to help you.
    Ultra Member

Sep 18, 2009, 02:57 AM

Thanks for all your wonderful advice... my ac adapter cord fried a week ago so it woudlnt let me charge my battery.. in the process of getting that fixed I got the keys fixed. Didn't charge me because I put up a stink about it and reminded them my warranty wasn't over until April 2010
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Sep 18, 2009, 04:07 PM

Good for you. :-) (And glad you got the problem solved.)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Beginner on the Guitar [ 27 Answers ]

Hi there my loyal subjects! Ironclad needs help? I was thinking about taking up the guitar and trying to learn how to play it! But the problem is, I don't know where to begin?? Any advice for the basics of a beginner?

Beginner to web development [ 3 Answers ]

I am totally a beginner toweb development. I have a plan tp devlop a website with followinf functions: 1. Registration 2. Profile 3. Inviting friends 4. Posting remarks about friends. AS This is for my project,please respond as fast as possible.

Swimming for a beginner [ 1 Answers ]

I was just wondering if someone could give me a good workout for a beginner. I took swimming in college and am now a smoker. I am trying to quit. Just looking for a good beginning routine.

A Beginner Drum Set [ 1 Answers ]

Okay, so I've started drum lessons and my drum teacher is teaching me drum beats. The only problem is I don't have a drum set yet. I was looking to go Pearl. But the problem is, there are seven different series. So I'm looking for a series that is: 1) Good for beginners 2)Good Quality...

C++ programming Qs (beginner) [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there... I am a novice in C++ programming. I wrote a very simple 'temperature conversion' program that asks user to input whether they want a Celsius to Fahrenheit conversion, or the opposite, and then calls the respective function (i.e. either a Celsius to Fahrenheit converter OR a Fahrenheit...

View more questions Search