Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sdeavillez Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2009, 09:33 AM
    Who has owned my house?
    I am trying to find out who the previous owners of my home are. I have called the county clerks office and they tell me that I have to come in to the office and look up my name and house. I am out of state so that is not an option. Also, I'm looking for a free search. Thank you
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2009, 11:00 AM

The county clerk is the one that maintains the record, so if they are telling you that is the process, they are probably right. They will probably mail you the information for a fee if you express your issues with distance.
    ruready Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2009, 04:33 PM
    You can go to the county website in that county and stateand look under real property and then register of deeds site and it will have anything you need to see for free if you are on high speed internet. I search props all the time.
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2009, 05:04 PM
    Check the utility records. Power, water/sewer,gas, phone and cable. Reference it to that particular address.
    aheningburg1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2012, 01:15 PM
    Hello:

I am trying to find out if either one of these properties are in forclosure: 2700 Dolfino Court, Saint Cloud, Florida and 2641 Dolfino Court, Saint Cloud, FL 34772
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2012, 01:44 PM
    Bank foreclosure or tax foreclosure?

If it's tax foreclosure the County and City Tax Collector (probably the Clerk) would know.

All foreclosures are not public knowledge. Have you checked your local on-line property foreclosure/auction sites? Here's a site: 34772, Foreclosure, Short-Sale, Equity, Mortgage, Liens, Lies Pendes
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Mar 31, 2012, 01:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by aheningburg1 View Post
    Hello:

I am trying to find out if either one of these properties are in forclosure: 2700 Dolfino Court, Saint Cloud, florida and 2641 Dolfino Court, Saint Cloud, FL 34772
    For mortgage foreclosure, in Florida, do the following:

• Determine the current record owner of the property. Google the county tax assessor.
    • With the owner's name, go to the web site of the county clerk of court. Search the case docket to find all cases against that owner. One of those would be the foreclosure case.

For tax foreclosures, call the county tax collector's office.
    samantha6969 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2013, 09:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ruready View Post
    You can go to the county website in that county and stateand look under real property and then register of deeds site and it will have anything you need to see for free if you are on high speed internet. I search props all the time.
    who has owed 604 grebruck dr danville ky 40422
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Nov 13, 2013, 09:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by samantha6969 View Post
    who has owed 604 grebruck dr danville ky 40422
    Reading the previous posts should give you the information you need

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Buying a banked Owned REO house [ 1 Answers ]

I'm in the first steps to buying a new house. I've had my eye on a beautiful Bank Owned REO home for about a month. It needs a little paint and some new carpet, but that just cosmetic other wise it is perfect. The house was just re-listed about 4 days ago with an even better, lower price. Money...

Land is owned by inlaw, House is owned by my husband [ 2 Answers ]

Land is owned by inlaw, House is owned by my husband whom I'm separated from. Landowner is harassing me and threatening eviction. (Landowner is walking around my yard, blocking my driveway, that has a right of way. Also threatening eviction based on my comings and goings and who I have over at my...

Putting my name on my husband's house owned before marriage [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. My husband and I have been married for a year. He's owned our house 5 years before we got married. I want my name put on the deed. Is there a way of indicating that he owned for the house for 5 years, and from last year on we both will own together?

Want to know who owned my house before me [ 4 Answers ]

Hello! I went to the assessors office and they gave me a short list of past owners. Then I went to the library and found more in the city directories. The assess. Office said the house was built in 1928 but the city directory said the first owners were not until the yr. 1930. Why would that be?...

Need to move into owned house [ 2 Answers ]

My wife own a house with her sister and her mom. We are going to foreclose on our house at the end of July and we are going to have to move into the house that her sister currently lives in. I was wonderiong if she can keep us from moving in and keep us away from the house? As it stands right...

View more questions Search